Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Margarito prime for prime beats Cotto.

Maidana did not DESTROY Ortiz, Ortiz quit after being hit repeatedly with the right hand. Again, you rlove to exaggerate.

Nate Campbell is a tough fighter as well that makes a lot of fighters look real bad.

You also can't compare fights from years ago, fighters get better or worse and you have a real hard time giving Oritz any credit after he shocked everyone in the Berto fight.

Give the kid some credit man....hahah
    Yeah we all know about Margaritos prime now lol...

Yeah you're right he didnt destroy him he just made him quit and question his career choice lol.

Nate Capbell was past his prime and a lw and he made Ortiz fight off his backfoot for almost the whole fight

I gave Ortiz full credit for Berto. Try again lol....Im not saying Ortiz is a scrub but Cotto>Ortiz and thats a real non biased observation.
    Last edited by ny123; 05-06-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      Yeah we all know about Margaritos prime now lol...

Yeah your right he didnt destroy him he just made him quit and question his career choice lol.

Nate Capbell was past his prime and a lw and he made Ortiz fight off his backfoot for almost the whole fight

I gave Ortiz full credit for Berto. Try again lol....Im not saying Ortiz is a scrub but Cotto>Ortiz and thats a real non biased observation.
      We are saying the same thing, you just like to use words like "destroy" and that is silly.

Cotto does beat Ortiz but he far from destroys him and I think it would be a really good fight because of styles.

Ortiz would come forward and force a very fast pace against Cotto and at this stage of his career that would be a much harder fight than fighting a counter puncher who will wait for him and fight at his pace.

I think we are saying the same thing, the difference is I'm not biased like you.

What do you think of a fight between Canelo and Cotto right now?

Comment

• Mayweather is a GENIUS.

I know for sure he could have stopped Cotto if he went for it.

But he MADE it a war with Cotto and marketed himself as a good guy right before he goes to jail.

He's making more fans for the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

We are saying the same thing, you just like to use words like "destroy" and that is silly.

Cotto does beat Ortiz but he far from destroys him and I think it would be a really good fight because of styles.

Ortiz would come forward and force a very fast pace against Cotto and at this stage of his career that would be a much harder fight than fighting a counter puncher who will wait for him and fight at his pace.

I think we are saying the same thing, the difference is I'm not biased like you.

Canelo has a way better chance of beating Cotto than Ortiz ever will, that's for sure.

Comment

DLH is on another level than Cotto, let's not make fools of ourselves.

Castillo was a beast but Mayweather isn't the same fighter then as he was 3 years ago and we saw what happened in the rematch.

If you were paying attention, Ortiz didn't hit Floyd with anything. He had one good flurry in the fight and that was it.
            i didn't compare oscar to cotto so i have no idea wtf you getting your panties in a bunch about but, whtever

as for the ortiz fight, i dont actually care, there are plenty of people in need of prescription glasses around here(or just stop being biased tools), like that dumbass whom a pointed out all the punches landed by both marquez and pacquiao in the twelfth yet somehow it was a toss up round

Comment

Ok fair enough but I honestly believe u are more biased than me but just hide it and I say that from reading many of your posts. Cotto Canelo is a mismatch imo in favor of Cotto. I really think a lesser fighter than Canelo like Angulo is actually a more difficult fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                Floyd couldn't get lead rights in tonight. That was one difference.
                Yeah or lead lefts....Cotto had his gloves high all night. He missed a lot of punches and mayweather had the higher work rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
                  Mayweather is a GENIUS.

But he MADE it a war with Cotto and marketed himself as a good guy right before he goes to jail.

I don't think he had a choice. Floyd couldn't have fought any other ways even if he wanted to. He won and put a great performance, but he should really consider calling it career at this point. Cotto brought the best out of him, but i thought that Floyd could've performed better if he had moved away from the ropes more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
                    Mayweather is a GENIUS.

Ok so Mayweather chose not to finish Cotto to come off as a good guy lmfao..Please stop your boy won just stop the bs its embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                      Ok fair enough but I honestly believe u are more biased than me but just hide it and I say that from reading many of your posts. Cotto Canelo is a mismatch imo in favor of Cotto. I really think a lesser fighter than Canelo like Angulo is actually a more difficult fight.
                      I believe you think I'm biased because you misread my posts. Like when I said I think Ortiz is faster and stronger than Cotto and you took that as he's better.

You think Angulo is a tougher fight? Wow, I don't know, I think Angulo is like a poor man's Margarito but Canelo is a muc more skilled boxer and his power is impressive.

I think a Cotto vs Canelo fight would be amazing, it would have fight of the year written all over it because of the youth, strength, power of Canelo vs the boxing and intelligence of Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X