Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Pacquiao be dropped from his #1 P4P spot if he loses to DLH?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
    Nah, they had Jones back at #1.
    Then what got Oscar up to #1 that he was when he lost to Mosley?

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      Then what got Oscar up to #1 that he was when he lost to Mosley?
      I don't think he was #1. According to the Ring p4p rankings at the end of 1999 (boxrec), #1 was RJJ, #2 was PBF, #3 was Tito, #4 was DLH, and #5 was Shane.

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...r_Pound--1990s

And the end of 2000, it was #1 Shane, #2 Tito, #3 RJJ, #4 DLH, #5 Chico.

They must've rewarded Shane for beating such a highly ranked fighter in DLH, and punished RJJ for his opposition (and he wasn't too impressive against Harding in 2000). The Ring doesn't seem too fond of Jones, Nigel Collins has even said he doesn't care much for RJJ. Tito went up a spot for his excellent 2000, and PBF went down due to his 2000, in which he had just one title defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
        I don't think he was #1. According to the Ring p4p rankings at the end of 1999 (boxrec), #1 was RJJ, #2 was PBF, #3 was Tito, #4 was DLH, and #5 was Shane.

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...r_Pound--1990s

And the end of 2000, it was #1 Shane, #2 Tito, #3 RJJ, #4 DLH, #5 Chico.

They must've rewarded Shane for beating such a highly ranked fighter in DLH, and punished RJJ for his opposition (and he wasn't too impressive against Harding in 2000). The Ring doesn't seem too fond of Jones, Nigel Collins has even said he doesn't care much for RJJ. Tito went up a spot for his excellent 2000, and PBF went down due to his 2000, in which he had just one title defense.
        Hmmm... I must have been mistaken. I thought for sure Mosley beat the #1 P4P fighter when he beat ODLH at 147... weird.

Comment

Something else I was thinking about as well...

Technically it is a pound-for-pound rating system and you could argue that a fighters weight is whatever they came in last. So if Manny is a 147 fighter and lost to another 147 fighter then perhaps he should lose his spot? Or maybe I'm just using faulty logic...

I guess since the whole thing is just a opinion it can be pretty confusing.
          Last edited by βetamax; 11-23-2008, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X