Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan or not I think its smart for Cotto to fight Floyd..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan or not I think its smart for Cotto to fight Floyd..

I mean if you dont like Cotto then.....Cotto gets whooped

If your rooting for Cotto then he has a chance..

If you respect Cotto...then win or lose he deserves the huge payday at the end of his career.

Personally I feel he would make it competitive then lose but the humble warrior that he is, he deserves the huge pay day at the end of his career.

What do you guys think?

I agree!!!

Comment

he needs to leave Arum for that to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        he needs to leave Arum for that to happen
        I dont believe that to be the case.

Why?

1.Because Arum knows that Cotto does not have much left in the tank(so he better get what he can from him now.

2. Cotto has enough pull especially at this time in his career, to make it happen.

3. Unlike Pac, Cotto will have no issues with testing and will test. Some may say Cotto is "folding to demands"...which I believe is bullccrap. While others will say "he will test because its financially smart and Cotto is clean" >>> I agree!...

so make it happen!

Comment

In perspective,Cotto is pretty much the only opponent available.Win or lose I don't think he will embarass himself and the fight could end up being closer then ppl think.Sort of the case with Khan/Peterson.But if it goes down,Mayweather should potray himself as a Mexican,giving its cinco de mayo weekend.The fight would def sell and make Millions if he leaves Arum.

Comment

Though I would rather watch Mayweather take on Martinez, I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto dig his left hook into Mayweather's spleen. Good fight and a great paycheck!

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
              I mean if you dont like Cotto then.....Cotto gets whooped

If your rooting for Cotto then he has a chance..

If you respect Cotto...then win or lose he deserves the huge payday at the end of his career.

Personally I feel he would make it competitive then lose but the humble warrior that he is, he deserves the huge pay day at the end of his career.

What do you guys think?
              I said the same thing. This is a perfect fight. All cotto's fans think he can win. Lets get it on.

Comment

Cotto has a very good chance of beating Floyd but I can't stress this enough...

He needs to train in high altitude or pray to the boxing gods or whatever he needs to do to get that stamina up.

He won't stand a chance against either (Pac or Floyd) if he can't do what he does for the first 4-5 rounds through the entire fight. Cotto would be one hell of a fighter if he was able to at least do what he does early on til the 10-11th round. Of course the pace won't be the same in the later part of the fight (his opponent will be a tad slower as well) but Cotto just gasses out mouth open like he's about to collapse.

That needs to be worked on immediately before taking any big fights.

Comment

I agree. Cotto deserves a shot, and it's a real fight. I would pick Mayweather by UD, but Cotto has a legitimate chance.

Comment

I don't think he can beat floyd no matter how or where he trains. Cotto is not an elite and never will be. I don't want to see this fight. It was hard enough watching Pac humiliate him. i don't wanna watch Floyd do it too...lol.

Cotto has other options. 2, maybe 4 at the most, good, competitive fights he can win, then retire. He's a bit past prime. No more mega-fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X