No announcement yet.

Boxing tactics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing tactics

Anybody knows some boxing tactics, no combinations, only strategy and tactic? Thanks.

well the idea is to hit the other guy without being hit yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
      well the idea is to hit the other guy without being hit yourself.
      Ive been doing it all wrong

Comment

you can not have tactic without combiations

Comment

rope a dope - you don't have to punch, just then when your opponent is exhausted

Comment

in todays day and age if you try the rope a dope you would get obliviated,the rope a dope is a myth,ali used this tactic but it was always used with some combos

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
              in todays day and age if you try the rope a dope you would get obliviated,the rope a dope is a myth,ali used this tactic but it was always used with some combos
              the rope a dope is viable means of exhausting an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
                the rope a dope is viable means of exhausting an opponent.
                the rope a dope was used one time and one time only in zaire,it has never been used since,ali was getting clobbered if george was not injured before the fight which got is stamina off guard ali would of been hospitalized with broken ribs,look at the punishment ali took,yes he won but i dont think he would want to do that again

Comment

excuse me, yes he was injured, but he wasn't injured during that fight, george foreman said that african's were putting poison in his food, he was going to get assassinated, etc. Stuff like that, which caused him to eventually lose (idk, lost his composure? this is at the time george foreman is a christian, so I don't think you wanna go around calling it BS).

Comment

that is right george was not the same there in zaire,which is why i believe if the rope a dope was used on him in the states george would of flattened ali,ali had a great chin and absorbed a lot of punishment

Comment

Working...
                    X