No announcement yet.

Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell's Salary Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell's Salary Numbers

the third Para. in this story confuses me lol...so let me get this straite couture signed a contract for 13-15 mill and for 4 fights equals 14 Mill total wtf...correct me if im wrong

In the wake of accusations that Randy Couture levied at the UFC regarding fair compensation, many fans, journalist, and mma insiders are calling for more salary transparency in the sport in order to avoid future conflicts in this arena.

Couture claims that Zuffa mislead him into believing that he was the second highest paid athlete in the UFC. So, was Couture lied to at the bargaining table or is he mistaken?

According to Kevin Iole, non-UFC sources say that the contract Couture negotiated and signed before his comeback fight against Tim Sylvia in March is for four fights and between $13 million and $15 million, which puts him behind only Chuck Liddell, at four fights and $17 million, in the UFC salary pecking order. Those numbers are believed to include percentages of pay-per-view money.

This would put Couture's deal at right around $3.5 million per fight, and behind Chuck Liddell at $4.25 million per contest.

If these numbers are accurate, it may cast some doubt on Couture's claims, but it should be noted that fighter bonuses, payout schedules and other PPV considerations can and may influence a fighters total salary. At this time, it's still difficult to ascertain whether Couture is mistaken or was mislead. All the more reason why a call for greater salary transparency must be answered.

if he is making that much per fight (including ppv %, ect..) thats pretty damn good if you ask me. liddel and couture certainly sell ppvs and deserve a cut of the profit. unfortunetly, unless we here it from couture's mouth or see his contract, we'll never know what they make. its all here say as i see it.

Comment

Couture stated that he didn't get any PPV bonuses. Bonuses are means to fighter manipulation.

Couture was also insulted that they were offering Fedor more than he was getting.

It was a combination of things that made Couture resign. I think it would have been best if he fought Nog, and then if he won, resigned as he would not have be able to fight Fedor. If he lost, then I think he should have fought Dana White to complete his contract. He would have no need to fight Fedor.
      Last edited by robot_monkey; 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM.

Comment

According to Kevin Iole
        There's your problem right there. Kevin's a puppet.

Meltzer clamed that Randy was making 250K minus "PPV cuts" and sponsors. But it doesn't hurt to do more research.

Comment

wtf? they pay their biggest stars and average of 4 mil per fight including PPV? dana white is evil. ****ing raking in millions off other peoples hard work. these guys should get more.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
            There's your problem right there. Kevin's a puppet.

Meltzer clamed that Randy was making 250K minus "PPV cuts" and sponsors. But it doesn't hurt to do more research.
            $250K? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
              $250K? WTF?
              Add the perks and I'd say he'd be close to a mill.

Course Liddel makes half a mill.

So do Mirko, Nog and I think Hendo.

Fedor turned away 2 mill.

So no, Kevin's numbers aren't right.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
                wtf? they pay their biggest stars and average of 4 mil per fight including PPV? dana white is evil. ****ing raking in millions off other peoples hard work. these guys should get more.
                not all on one match, no.

Maybe 2-4 matchs

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
                  Add the perks and I'd say he'd be close to a mill.

Course Liddel makes half a mill.

So do Mirko, Nog and I think Hendo.

Fedor turned away 2 mill.

So no, Kevin's numbers aren't right.
                  Fedor turned down $2M per fight minus PPV revenue and sponsorship?

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
                    Fedor turned down $2M per fight minus PPV revenue and sponsorship?
                    Don't know about the PPV, but yeah 2 mill. without sponsors.

Comment

Working...
                    X