Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward: there's a contract already and I signed my part and I think he signed his part.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Wilder, with Canelo and now with a fight that's already signed, the only answer some people wanna hear is "ducking". It's like some people would rather just have "who's ducking" threads instead of actual fights.

Comment

Instead of hating Ward or Kovalev, real boxing fans should respect them and admire that two top 10 p4p boxers getting the deal done so fast, with no BS excuses, drama, thrash talk or 10 years marinading. It's almost impossible to see top quality fights getting made in that manner nowadays. Nothing but respect for both of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
        Instead of hating Ward or Kovalev, real boxing fans should respect them and admire that two top 10 p4p boxers getting the deal done so fast, with no BS excuses, drama, thrash talk or 10 years marinading. It's almost impossible to see top quality fights getting made in that manner nowadays. Nothing but respect for both of these guys.
        No hate, but given the kind of crap delays we've seen from other fighters (and you know who you are!), it's just hard to celebrate until the fight actually has a date and venue.

Comment

Massive props to both guys if & when this fight happens. As others have said, it's the best fight in boxing (by a long way for me, GGG vs Canelo 2nd best), a true 50-50 fight and a fight I'd happily pay for - a real boxing fans' fight.

I'd be rooting for Kovalev, but I think it says a lot about Ward's ability & confidence that he is rated as an even money shot, and even a favourite by probably over 50% of people, having only been at the weight for a couple of lower level fights before going in against a very dominant champion at his peak (and not to mention a big LHW).

Kovalev has also come up the hard way. I just love watching his totally fearless (yet calculated) approach & his bad intentions. It's a real shame more modern day boxers don't follow the lead of these 2 warriors, both desperate to prove they're the best.
          Last edited by aretrospective; 05-12-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
            I thought that **** was signed for real and ready to go
            Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I think everyone has confirmed this fight is signed at this point yet these mfers aren't even fighting next. Kinda feels like bad karma to be talking so much about a fight being signed this year that isn't even next on either guys schedule.
            Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            They signed a contract that they would fight each other....at some time & some place. I guess we'll know more after they each have another fight.
            Roc Nation has Madison Sq Garden reserved for Nov. 19th

https://calendar.google.com/calendar...ml#eventpage_6

Comment

Ward and Kovalev, two REAL fighters who want the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                The only people denying this fight at this point are Ward haters.

The rest of us are excitedly awaiting the best fight in boxing.
                I like Ward... I actually believe he could go through Kovalev with some luck/skills avoiding the hammer and he would probably outbox him on technique... Problem is I don't think he's gonna risk it... Fight won't happen, I stand still...

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                It is ready. Duva has said over and over again that the contracts are signed. People were doubting if Ward signed the contract. He did sign it.
                Since when are we supposed to take anything she says for granted... She has thrown gold dust in the air in the past that transformed in muddy non sens when landing on a rather steady basis if you ask me...

Comment

Working...
                X