Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you really know boxing you can spot the talent in advance.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone can point out an atg until they are well into their career. As for me I don't really consider it spotting it in advance because I saw there fights televised but here is a list of a couple of the fighters who after seeing them for the first time on tv I thought would be on top of their respective divisions. Rigondeaux when he beat Ramos (thought he would be the man to beat Donaire because he showed some good power and accuracy in that straight left as well as good movement). Kovalev when he beat Campillo (I felt he deserved the win over Cloud and that people were downplaying this win at the time). Golovkin when he beat Proksa (even though he is retired I felt that Golovkin would've been too strong and fundamentally sound for Martinez who I always thought was fragile which isn't meant as a diss in any way). Can't remember who Mikey Garcia was going against but it was before he fought Barros (I remember thinking that he had really good power and was very simple in a good way). Also when Andre Ward beat Kessler I remember my brother telling me that Ward had just enough of everything and was going win the Super Six easy and he was right. We we're both looking forward to Ward v.s Dirrell at the time sucks it never happened. Andre Dirrell had some speed on him back then which is why I always thought he would've given him the best fight around that time.

Lately though Gilberto Ramirez has impressed me considering his age. I think he may be a tough opponent for anyone in a year or two. Naoya Inoue seems to be a handful for anybody in the near future considering what little experience he has. As far as the rest of the prospects I can't say I really feel comfortable saying they are going to be the man in their division because I haven't seen that special something that sets them apart yet.

Comment

"if you really know boxing you should be able to scout the talent before they actually fight someone, you should be able to read talent before they receive all the accolades"

couldn't he apply this logic to someone like, let's say GGG? lol this guy is the average nsb flomo

Comment

This reminds me of when broner was being touted for greatness.

Comment

Working...
        X