No announcement yet.

Margarito OK to fight in Mississippi, rematch vs. Cotto to be moved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    Mannix now saying that Margarito was licensed in Texas today.

I think this is gonna get ugly between Cotto and Top Rank.
    Yup.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and make a prediction.

The fight is gonna' be moved to Mississipi. Bob will do this so as to not make it in Texas although he wants to...he's simply keeping it as a last alternative to not give Margarito a hometown advantage while staying on Cotto's good side.

Cotto will go over the Mississipi option, consider he was counting out on a big turnout crowd for him (as well as the hometown advantage), not like the way Bob's handled the whole issue, not feel 100% for this fight with this unforeseen complication, pull out of the fight, leaving thousands of fight fans disappointed.

There will be two sides of the issue on boxingscene: those supporting Cotto's decision to pull out of the fight for not being in MSG and blaming Arum for not taking care of business beforehand, and the other side will be those blaming Cotto as the guy who had the option but refused to follow through.

Expect it the boards to be posting a lot of non-sense if Cotto pulls out...

Comment

Yeah, he's afraid of Margarito and **** like that. Out of respect for boxing fans Cotto should call off the fight.

But I doubt he does that since he's been training so hard, as a fighter after training so hard for such a long period if I were Cotto and I can get the fight to now be at 150 and for a much bigger % of the purse to be mines I'd have to give it a go so that I don't feel like I wasted my time training for nothing.

Comment

i feel bad for people who booked hotel rooms and bought plane tickets

Comment

I don't wanna see Margarito get blinded in this fight - There is no point if his eye is that much of a danger. He should just retire...the fight won't be worth it if dude can't see properly anyway...It will be hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
            Yup.

The fight is gonna' be moved to Mississipi. Bob will do this so as to not make it in Texas although he wants to...he's simply keeping it as a last alternative to not give Margarito a hometown advantage while staying on Cotto's good side.

Cotto will go over the Mississipi option, consider he was counting out on a big turnout crowd for him (as well as the hometown advantage), not like the way Bob's handled the whole issue, not feel 100% for this fight with this unforeseen complication, pull out of the fight, leaving thousands of fight fans disappointed.

There will be two sides of the issue on boxingscene: those supporting Cotto's decision to pull out of the fight for not being in MSG and blaming Arum for not taking care of business beforehand, and the other side will be those blaming Cotto as the guy who had the option but refused to follow through.

It's all arums fault. There should be no blame on Cotto if this fight doesn't go through. Arum should have had this **** done before contracts were signed and before tickets were sold...

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
              Yup.

Nah i dont think cotto will pull out...not after all that training and preparing himself mentally

Comment

Jesus Christ, Cotto stans for real... Get over it, seriously. If Cotto pulls out of the fight he doesn't get a 5 million+ payday on top of gate and PPV buys. And from the way he was talking in interviews and 24/7 Cotto is all about money now. As are ALL FIGHTERS and people in general when they make over 7 figures consistently. He isn't going to pull out of the fight, they'll make it for whichever place is the cheapest to bribe.

Everyone stands to make a ****load of money and HBO has already backed it with 24/7 and just overall promoting, no one is going to back out.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Missi-fuckin-ssippi?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Jesus Christ, Cotto stans for real... Get over it, seriously. If Cotto pulls out of the fight he doesn't get a 5 million+ payday on top of gate and PPV buys. And from the way he was talking in interviews and 24/7 Cotto is all about money now. As are ALL FIGHTERS and people in general when they make over 7 figures consistently. He isn't going to pull out of the fight, they'll make it for whichever place is the cheapest to bribe.

Everyone stands to make a ****load of money and HBO has already backed it with 24/7 and just overall promoting, no one is going to back out.
                    Have you followed the history of these two?

Cotto nearly left Top Rank because they supported Margarito after the wraps scandal. Cotto wanted to fcuk with Margs in negotiations with the weight crap and would pretty much not take the fight unless it was in MSG.

There is much more to this than the money. Cotto will look at this and go "wow, they didn't take care of this earlier and now I go from fighting on my turf to his turf AGAIN". I guarantee you he will care A LOT about that, to the point where I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull out and his relationship with Top Rank to sever.

Comment

• Guys from what I heard Cotto is livid, and he might even pull out of the fight as soon as tomorrow if Margarito doesnt get licensed. He might get out of Top Rank altogether, thats how pissed he is!!

This **** is getting really interesting!!

Comment

Working...
                      X