No announcement yet.

Golovkin Hits Harder Than Povetkin/Wach/Perez Says CW Sparring Partners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin Hits Harder Than Povetkin/Wach/Perez Says CW Sparring Partners

Doug Fischer, Steve Kim, and Julian Jackson all watched Golovkin sparring two CW's in preperation for his Proksa fight and here is some parts from Fischer's article with quotes from his sparring partners. The entire thing is worth a read.

(Note - Imoesiri fought at HW in WSB with no headgear under pro rules and had a close fight with 2x Olympic Silver Medallist Clemente Russo)

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...ady-for-proska

“He’s a f__king beast,” said Coyne, a 20-0 cruiserweight prospect who has recently dropped down to light heavyweight. “He’s been running guys out of here. Nobody under 175 pounds will spar with him.

“I’ve sparred with heavyweights who can punch, including Mariusz Wach and Mike Perez, nobody has hit me as hard as Golovkin. His power is out of this world.”

"Golovkin stunned Imoesiri into the ropes with a lead right midway through the round, prompting the amateur standout fire back a four-punch combination with impressive hand speed. However, Golovkin blocked the shots and pushed the bigger man back into the ropes"

"In rounds three and four, Golovkin kept Imoesiri’s back to the ropes and tormented the young man with an assortment of compact crosses and hooks to the body and head. The final minute of the fourth round was particularly brutal, but Imoesiri says he’s becoming accustomed to the punishment.

“The dude can hit, I’m still getting used to it,” said Imoesiri, who like Coyne, is delightfully bright and articulate. “It’s crazy. I sparred with [undefeated WBA heavyweight beltholder] Alexander Povetkin and he never hurt me like this guy.

“I must have done 50 rounds while in camp with Povetkin and it was three and half weeks before he hit me with something that made me hold on. With Golovkin I was ready to get out of the ring 45 seconds into our first round of sparring. He hit me with two lefts to the body in the identical spot and had me doubled over. I got through it but it’s hard to defend against 6-inch punches with that much pop. He backs me into a corner with just a jab.

“And it seems like he does it effortlessly.”

“That’s why I have to put him in with big guys,” said Sanchez. “He’s too relaxed when he spars with middleweights or junior middleweights. They can’t hurt him. It’s so easy doesn’t bother to defend himself. He gets silly.

“We have a saying in my gym: ‘There’s no free shots.’ I don’t want my fighters letting opponents hit them. So sparring with the bigger guys makes him work his defense – to a degree.”

I got the feeling my old HouseofBoxing and MaxBoxing cohort believes Sanchez by the look on his face after the sparring session.

Kim sat on a stool in front of the ring with a look of disbelief.

“He literally wore this big guy down,” said Kim, who isn’t easily impressed. “I don’t think either guy could have gone one more round with him.”
    Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 08-24-2012, 11:05 AM.

i've always said that this kid can punch. his shots don't waste a single inch of motion

they go from the ground to the point of his fist. no detours. that's how you generate power]

that being said, this seems a bit of hyperbole to me. still, it's nice to see a young fighter getting a big push. we're going to need these guys to carry the sport in a few years.

let's hope this kid is for real. i like his style. he's technical enough to get the job done and to box, but he's a real puncher with dynamite in that right hand.

get him a big push on american TV, a big fight or two, and let's see what he's made of.

Comment

Golovkin is my boy and he's definitely one of the hardest hitters in the sport but let's not get carried away, Ouma lasted 10 rounds with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Golovkin is my boy and he's definitely one of the hardest hitters in the sport but let's not get carried away, Ouma lasted 10 rounds with him.
        Ouma also hadn't been stopped in over a decade and was hospitalized after the fight.

Comment

too much hype for my liking

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            And I pointed out in another thread, Golovkin was eating some lefts from him too easily. Porksa being faster and more athletic than Ouma might just give GGG some major problems with that left.

Golovkin is gonna have to catch Proksa who at times gets lazy and that's not a good thing vs a hard hitter with that style he has. If he does catch him we'll get an idea of how good Proksa's chin is and how durable he is.

This is a great fight/match up and I feel like it's going under the radar. It doesn't help that it's at a ****ty venue. Some unknown place...

Comment

Looking to Golovkin-Proksa. Would love to see the winner fight Martinez, given he beats Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                And I pointed out in another thread, Golovkin was eating some lefts from him too easily. Porksa being faster and more athletic than Ouma might just give GGG some major problems with that left.

Golovkin is gonna have to catch Proksa who at times gets lazy and that's not a good thing vs a hard hitter with that style he has. If he does catch him we'll get an idea of how good Proksa's chin is and how durable he is.

This is a great fight/match up and I feel like it's going under the radar. It doesn't help that it's at a ****ty venue. Some unknown place...
                Yeah I don't see Proksa being destroyed early, he's gonna make Golovkin work and earn the victory.

Well the fight will be main event on HBO, that trumps a bad venue.

PS : I heard Proksa is sending his sparring partners home with injuries.
                Last edited by Light_Speed; 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I don't really rate the guy tbh but I tell you something for nowt, he will absolutely murder that overrated bum Proksa who twice went life & death with Kerry ''no' Hope.

Sick of hearing about Proksa, hes one of the worst prospects I've ever seen & I can't wait for Golovkin to show him for what he is, useless.

He gets his lights put out quicktime.

Comment

GGG is a beast but the Proska will show us a lot more about is pro game.His comp up too now has been poor and it aint all down to his dealings with universum.Really looking foward too this scrap

Comment

Working...
                    X