No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Passes Stiff Test, Continues Heavyweight Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek Passes Stiff Test, Continues Heavyweight Run

In a tense, entertaining Heavyweight affair, Polish 35-year old former Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight Champion Tomasz Adamek (46-2, 28 KO) of Jersey City, New Jersey, kept alive title hopes in boxing’s flagship class with a hard earned twelve-round unanimous decision over 30-year old Eddie Chambers (36-3, 18 KO) of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on Saturday night at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. While a fair verdict, it was marred by a single atrocious scorecard from judge Allan Rubenstein casting a pall on the conclusion. [Click Here To Read More]

According to reports in the Polish media, Adamek's management is trying to line up a fight with Povetkin for the fall.

That would be a good fight!

Comment

boxing scene had it close but at least they gave it to adamek

Comment

Boxing's "flagship" class, eh? Lol.

It was close. It was also in the Prudential Center. No problem with Adamek getting the nod, but that was one tough place for Chambers to get close win in.

119-110? What fucking sport are these scorer's watching?

Comment

Judges got it wrong again!!

Comment

A one-armed cruiserweight in your hometown isn't a "stiff test", and either way he didn't pass. The fraud rolls on.

Comment

"Entertaining"

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                According to reports in the Polish media, Adamek's management is trying to line up a fight with Povetkin for the fall.

That would be a good fight!
                I'v wanted to see Povetkin vs Adamek ever since he moved up to HW. Would have been better 2 years ago but i would still love to see it as the style matchup ensures a exciting fight along with a Poland vs Russia event.

Comment

I had 115-113 TA, could have gone for 1-handed Eddie, but adamek shows me nothing, but we're talking heavies here, not a lot of talent & fight was boring...Fraud Judge Rubenstein, 11-1 in rounds...Eddie couldn't have won in this arena.....I excepected more from Jennings, who has terrible balance, but he did ok 4 such few bouts...Collins was just a sparring partner...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    By Cliff Rold - BoxingScene scored the bout 115-113 for Adamek. [Click Here To Read More]
                    I scored it the other way by the same score but wouldn't have a problem with a UD to Adamek by that score. 116-112 was too wide though and the judge who scored it 119-109 should be suspended or even banned from boxing. Judging of that quality is killing the credibility of the sport.

But if Chambers can make it such a close fight when fighting with one hand, that doesn't say much for Adamek. An uninjured Chambers would be likely to easily beat Adamek on this performance. So I don't see how he can really be said to have passed any test. Narrowly beating (at best) a one-handed fighter does not pass any test.
                    Last edited by Dave Rado; 06-17-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X