Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Wladimir do it? Can Amir do it too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
    Probably something to do with Khan not being freakishly huge for his weightclass.
    But Max Kellerman always says that Khan is huuuuuuuuuuuge.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      But accuracy can be learned, can't it?

I mean skills can be taught, right? So why not?

I dunno if Amir is a knockout waiting to happen but he got hit way too often last night. And I mean way too mucn unnecessarily.
      Amir aint gonna get better til he conquers his demons!

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
        Wladimir is so good at controlling the tempo and fighting at his range because of his jab and his footwork.

His jab forces his opponent to constantly be at his range and when fighters do sometimes get past it, his footwork allows him to step out of range and get them back on the end of his jab. He does that or he either ties them up in a clinch.
        Well, why can't Amir do that either?

Because of his footwork?

Comment

I really dont think there are any alarm bells ringing for Kahn, he now knows what boxing aspect to work on. Unless he wants to go for the easy route of getting the Peterson fight in the UK, that way the fight will be stopped after the first flurry of punches from Kahn.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            But Max Kellerman always says that Khan is huuuuuuuuuuuge.
            You care about anything Max Kellerman says?

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
              I really dont think there are any alarm bells ringing for Kahn, he now knows what boxing aspect to work on. Unless he wants to go for the easy route of getting the Peterson fight in the UK, that way the fight will be stopped after the first flurry of punches from Kahn.
              Even though I had Amir winning the fight as well (including the point deductions), Amir is very hot-headed and the people around him constantly give him praise and aren;t critical of him.

Comment

In regards to all this trainer talk, Amir Khan should do what he thinks is best for his career. I personally believe Amir has improved some under Freddie, but there is a ways to go and you can't expect him to learn everything in 3 years; it takes years upon years and still, you'll never learn everything. I wouldn't blame Freddie for what Amir did and didn't do in the ring, but if he feels like he needs another trainer to become a better fighter, then that's a perfectly legitimate reason to part ways with Roach. At the end of the day, his loyalty is to himself and his family.

Comment

Khan wastes a lot of energy and imo his conditioning is not that great he needs to stop moving around so much and fight in the pocket

I think he is trying to be like Manny but with out stamina Khan should just forget about being a high workrate fighter

Comment

imagine if peterson was 30 pounds overweight, much slower, much less agile, and with much less stamina. that's how wlad does it.

Comment

Amir needs Mayweather Sr. and learn some defence

Comment

Working...
                      X