Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which resume is greater, quality or quantity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
    Froch has fought and beat tougher opposition overall. If Calzaghe had an opponent as tough as Ward in the division he wouldn't have been lineal either.

B-Hop made Calzaghe look sloppy. Even if Calzaghe won on the scoring B-Hop at his age came away with more credence out of that fight. When Bhop threw, he landed. Calzaghe was throwing 10 slaps to land 1.

So then you've got Kessler. Fair play Joe beat a younger, better version, but that's just styles.

Sorry but

Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson, Ward, Bute, Mack, Kessler, Groves, Groves

Is far a better run of world class opposition than Calzaghe ever fought.
    i agree, he has the deeper resume and his run is much tougher than calzaghe BUT he hasnt beaten the better fighters therefore i cant say he has the better resume.
    bhop even at that age can make anyone look sloppy and throwing '10 slaps to land 1' is a effective strategy in beating bhops style. honestly i thought calzaghe beat bhop comfortably, i had it much wider than the judges scorecards.

i think calzaghe style matches up very well against ward, i would pick calzaghe in that fight
    Last edited by Skip Bayless; 05-31-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Calslappy lost to B-Hop.
      Anybody who says otherwise is Welsh or don't know how to score a fight.

B-Hop won (off the top of my head) the first 5 rounds with a knockdown - very clearly. He won 5 of the first 6 CLEAR with a knockdown! Without taking the other rounds into account and there is noway Joe pitched a shutout.

How could he possibly of lost by such margins? 116-111, laughable!

Rounds 2 & 3 to Joe - Laughable.

He was hitting thin air all night. All the clean, effective punches was from B-Hop!

Not too mention the gift he got against Reid who beat the hell out of him
      Last edited by dan_cov; 05-31-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe was a joke. He waited till the best of his era were well past it to fight them.

Some might compare him to Mayweather in his safety first style and shrewd business acumen which valued being undefeated over fighting the best.

Comment

Working...
        X