Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to Khan if he takes that fight, but if he loses that one... It has to be a long road back to big fights again for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
      This is the very reason I think Khan is one of the best guys to watch on TV, at 25, over the last 3 years, he has consistently fought the best. I can't think of another young boxer who has had tough, almost always top 10 ranked guys, one after the other. Kotelnik, Maidana, Peterson, Garcia, Judah and even McCloskey. All top levels opponents. Khan doesn't take tune ups and crap like that, much like Froch.

I think if Khan can get the right trainer, work on his defence and his inside game, as well as learn to use his natural advantages, he could beat Matthyse. Lucas has understated boxing abilities but Khan, skill and talent wise is on a different level. If he plays it right he could win a comfortable decision.

However, I doubt GBP are going to put Khan in with as high risk/low reward fighter like Matthyse, personally Khan should fight back in the UK, at an arena like the MEN or the 02 and go against a decent name opponent who won't pose a big punching threat. Someone like Denton Vassel (a good domestic fighter) or maybe even Mathew Hatton.
      What the hell,Mccloskey was a tune up if I ever saw one,so was Salita and even Paulie M imo...It's funny to me,Alexander has fought more top comp then Khan I don't see anyone licking his d1ck...What about Bradley??aside from Casamoyor this guy has fought nothing but top opponents,and got killed for months for wanting to change promoters..Khan get's treated like this guy does things nobody else is doing,horse ****...Every fighter is doing what Khan is doing,except they are not being brutally knockout while they do it...Khan needs to act like this cause(news flash)he needs to get everyone's mind off the fact he just got KO'd by a fighter(Garcia)nobody gave a chance to...Beat by another guy(Peterson)who everyone thought should not even be in the same ring with Khan..Oh and let's not forget Ko'd by a guy(Prescott)who never won another meaningful fight in his career....I give Khan credit if he does take this fight,but please stop acting like Khan is the only guy risking anything..It's wrong and wack already...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Judah and Alexander only did it through robbery, both of them lost to Matthysse.

Khan does a lot of talking, I don't believe he will really take this fight. Matthysse isn't limited like Maidana, he would batter Khan senseless and give him yet another KO loss. Khan flat out isn't good enough to beat Matthysse.

This wont happen.
        That's ya opinion...I happen to not agree with it..Robbery is the word that get's thrown around this site way to often..I've heard Ortiz Peterson was a robbery..Pac Bradley Pac Marquez Judah Matt's Matt's Alexander..Dude they were all close fights..I felt Matt's beat Alexander,but only had him up a point by the final bell..Did the decision fell a lil home cooked..Yes it did,but it was a close fight imo..I had Judah beating Matt's in a close fight...People see a knockdown and let it cloud their vision for the rest of the fight...Both those fights were close,and bottom line Matt's did not win them...How bout we stay on track with facts shall we...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          What the hell,Mccloskey was a tune up if I ever saw one,so was Salita and even Paulie M imo...It's funny to me,Alexander has fought more top comp then Khan I don't see anyone licking his d1ck...What about Bradley??aside from Casamoyor this guy has fought nothing but top opponents,and got killed for months for wanting to change promoters..Khan get's treated like this guy does things nobody else is doing,horse ****...Every fighter is doing what Khan is doing,except they are not being brutally knockout while they do it...Khan needs to act like this cause(news flash)he needs to get everyone's mind off the fact he just got KO'd by a fighter(Garcia)nobody gave a chance to...Beat by another guy(Peterson)who everyone thought should not even be in the same ring with Khan..Oh and let's not forget Ko'd by a guy(Prescott)who never won another meaningful fight in his career....I give Khan credit if he does take this fight,but please stop acting like Khan is the only guy risking anything..It's wrong and wack already...
          Bradley's best opponent is Pacquiao so I won't make any arguments about who has the better resume, but pre-Pac Bradley was on equal footing with Khan.

Alexander lost to Kotelnyk, who Khan handily beat, fought Urango who who is an average boxer at best (good power though), lost to Matthyse, beat a past it Witter and quit like a baby against Bradley.

^^^ Khan is miles better.

McCloskey was a tune up in a sense but he was fighting the best ww in Europe, with British boxing's biggest winning streak at the time.
          No way in hell was Malignaggi a tune up, the only two guys to clearly beat him are Cotto and Hatton, both top level opponents. I'd say Khan did an even better job, in MSG...Malignaggi's hometown, while Khan was clearly the bigger name.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
            I don't think he has anything handed to him. He fought Kotelnyk to win a world title, a very legitimate champion, unlike what Garcia and Zab Judah have done in the past. He went onto unify the belts against Judah, beat Maidana, Salita and Malignaggi (who has had a resurgence in recent times) and lose a very, very close decision, shrouded in a number of controversies, to Peterson. After that, a fully deserved a shot against Garcia, the supposed WBC champ. Who else was more worthy? apart from possibly Matthyse or Olusegun. Olusegun hasn't had the same level of opposition and Matthyse is a worthy challenger yet Khan brings more money.

I can't keep up with all the vacant titles he keeps fighting for and getting given belts back & such.

Hes got laced in 30seconds flat & in his next fight he fights Oisan ***an (isn't he a character from Willy Wonkas chocolate factory?) for the vacant WBA International lightweight title, in his very next fight he fights for the WBA & the WBO equivalent which he'd previously thrown in the rubbish bin where it belongs. He low-blowed Judah for his IBF given his WBA was it? Back after getting whopped like an octopus by Peterson.

Judah, Maidana etc they're just names.
            Judah is just like him hes like a 6 weight, million time world champion or some rubbish yet the guys never beaten anybody legit, his best win is over Spinks whose tied 1 a piece with him.

Pair of jokes and it just shows there are far too many belts out there. Time they got rid of half of these bogus titles & time Amir got back to the domestic scene where he belongs & earned his way up regardless of how much money he rakes in through having so many people wanting to see him get starched again.

Comment

Make it happen.

You have to respect Khan for always wanting to fight the best.

Lucas will knock him out.

Comment

i dont even wanna see kahn on hbo anymore
                dont deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  I can't keep up with all the vacant titles he keeps fighting for and getting given belts back & such.
                  I would like to have replied to all the points you make, but your starting off point was completely wrong, so everything that comes after does not warrant too much consideration on my part.

Khan has never won a world championship which was vacant, he fought champion Kotelnyk and champion Judah and fought Garcia when Garcia was champion. If anyone won a vacant title it was Judah and Garcia.

See, I only deal in facts.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    i dont even wanna see kahn on hbo anymore
                    dont deserve it

This man speaks sense!

The guy deserves nothing, he is no better than Ashley Theophane.
                    All he has is a few names on his resume that where shot to bits or nothing but names.

I'd much rather see Marquez vs Matthysse or somebody at least deserved of a crack at Lucas that will put up a good battle without crumbling like a rich tea biscuit the second hes touched.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                      Say what you want, laugh all you want, Khan is a real fighter.
                      If by real ya mean real stupid, den I agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X