Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 years into the decade,who is the favorite to win fighter of the decade right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the "decade" were 2005-2015, then absolutely it would be Floyd.

But it's 2010 - 2020, and we know Floyd is a fight away from retiring. His best victories (such as they are) are well behind him.

If Canelo finally gets around to fighting GGG, and then GGG moves up to beat Ward and somebody else of quality -- should they ever materialize at 160 or 168, then maybe he can be the fighter of the decade. But more likely he will turn old first.

Comment

It's going to be either Terence Crawford or Kovalev. At this point I really don't see anyone beating Kovalev. I also can see him being a good cruiserweight. The guy has incredible power and just a fluid attacking style that will be hard to stop. To me he is a level above GGG.

Crawford is based on his potential. He still has some upside. He's already a really good talent. I haven't seen a guy like him since Hagler that can win a fight either orthodox or southpaw.
      Last edited by -Antonio-; 07-06-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Adrien Broner

Comment

Adrien Broner

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            Adrien Broner
            LOL, I swear i posted before looking at the second page. ROFL

Comment

I think everyone at 140-147 has the chance to be it, but they have to clean out the division. It's a talent filled division and if one guy can prove he's better than the rest of the talent then he can earn it easy IMO. Lots of names to be taken there.

Specifically Golovkin has a good shot as Middleweight is a prestigious division and if he takes names and becomes Undisputed that's huge for him.

The closest one resume wise to FOTD is Andre Ward. Imagine Ward becoming Undisputed at SMW, fights and beats Golovkin, then moves up to LHW and becomes a champion. That's FOTD material.

Comment

Easily floyd, I don no how manny got the last one.

Comment

Roman chocolatito Gonzalez. That dude is a little giant and he's been under the radar so far but dude is starting to get some notice. He's one of the elites in the lower weights. If he continues at the pace he's on, he makes a very legit and very strong case.

Comment

Comment

Definitely NOT Floyd. Decade is 10 years not 5. It's laughable to even suggest Floyd. It'll probably be one of Crawford, Chocolatito, GGG, Kovalev, Thurman, Danny etc if they remain active till 2020 & accumulate good wins.

Pacquiao rightfully earned the FOTD (2001-2010) after walking through 7-8 weight classes & dominating the best men who were way bigger than him. Here's a list of people Manny dominated in that decade to earn that title.

Margarito by UD (2010)
                      Clottey by UD (2010)
                      Cotto by TKO (2009)
                      Hatton by KO (2009)
                      Oscar by RTD (2008)
                      David Diaz by TKO (2008)
                      JMM by SD (2008)
                      Barerra (2007)
                      Solis (2007)
                      Morales 3rd bout by TKO (2006)
                      Larios by TKO (2006)
                      Morales 2nd bout by TKO (2006)
                      Velasquez by TKO (2005)
                      Fahsan by TKO (2004)
                      JMM by SD (2004)
                      Barerra by TKO (2003)
                      Lucero by TKO (2003)
                      Agapito Sanchez (2001)
                      Ledbawa by TKO (2001)
                      +3 more guys with long ass names in low weight title fights.

To suggest that guys retiring in 2015 are even eligible for FOTD is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                      X