No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
    No. I know Floyd and Pac are not even close to being on Robinson's level. Floyd may be defensively but neither are in a combination of offense/Defense, let alone when it comes to resume.

and I have watched every Lamotta fight available and know his resume, and guess what? Floyd and Pac rank higher, and most here would agree.
    Floyd and Pac are not on Robinson's level because they drown in Robinson's statistics. 200 fights...etc.. It has nothing to do with whether or not Pac may have beaten Robinson on a good day. Anything can happen in a fight.

As to LaMotta, he has a hard head and not much else. In today's boxing game, he'd be a very ordinary contender...not much more. Floyd, Pac, Barrera...they all beat LaMotta. Julio Cesar Chavez makes tomato paste out of him.

Comment

• Floyd? H.O.F worthy? Yes!

Floyd ATG? NO!

Comment

• What?

not even close WTF, especially after he just lost. Mayweather definitely loses points for the past few years but Pacquiao isn't ahead of him you guys clearly overrate Pacquiao. Mayweather's even been ahead of him the past few years and he's been doing as little as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
          Floyd and Pac are not on Robinson's level because they drown in Robinson's statistics. 200 fights...etc.. It has nothing to do with whether or not Pac may have beaten Robinson on a good day. Anything can happen in a fight.

As to LaMotta, he has a hard head and not much else. In today's boxing game, he'd be a very ordinary contender...not much more. Floyd, Pac, Barrera...they all beat LaMotta. Julio Cesar Chavez makes tomato paste out of him.
          Floyd, Pac and Barrera are too small for Lamotta, who was a middleweight. He can beat Robinson but he'd get pasted by Pac, Barrera, Floyd? No

Comment

Floyd, Pac and Barrera are too small for Lamotta, who was a middleweight. He can beat Robinson but he'd get pasted by Pac, Barrera, Floyd? No
            I was talking in terms of overrall talent. We were talking about that...i thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
              I was talking in terms of overrall talent. We were talking about that...i thought.
              I was using P4P skill at first because that is the only chance they have to touch Robinson, and even then it's not close.

In terms of ranking resume neither come close to Robinson but are both ahead of Lamotta based on resume, even though Lamotta has the W over Robinson, my original point that a LONE win doesn't make a fighter's career.

Where do you rank Turpin and Jack all time?

Comment

I was using P4P skill at first because that is the only chance they have to touch Robinson, and even then it's not close.

In terms of ranking resume neither come close to Robinson but are both ahead of Lamotta based on resume, even though Lamotta has the W over Robinson, my original point that a LONE win doesn't make a fighter's career.

Where do you rank Turpin and Jack all time?
                It's fruitless to try and prognosticate what might happen in an actual fight. Stats are the only thing that can be considered. So Robinson is a GOATEE. Chavez Sr. got him on the numbers.

But, as to LaMotta...I am willing to indulge a little. He was tough and mean and had some skills. But, not on the same level as the really talented fighters of most any modern era. IMO. If you want to go there, to a real fight, put LaMotta in with prime Roy. That's fairly easy to see. If LaMotta don't go down, he really is tomato paste.

As to Turpin and Jack (I suppose you mean Johnson or Dempsey), I don't rank fighters all time because its fruitless to do so. I rank whether or not the fighter is in the group of top 50 ATGs and of those, who is the GOAT. And the GOAT must have the statistics to set him apart because any top 50 ATG in the same weight class could defeat any other fighter on any given day. Any fighter not in the top 50 ATGs is HOF, IMO. So this makes the ATG group somewhat fluid, but not so easy to penetrate. Oscar is a perfect example of the problem. 10 years ago...he was universally thought to be ATG. Not now. The celebrity wore off and nothing left but his true record. In hindsight...good but not great.

Comment

• Not even close. Floyd has never gone sleepy time on his face. Undefeated having fought in about 21 title fights (not including Mosley as it wasn't a title fight cuz Floyd didn't care about the belt, it was a pride fight). The real question should be is Pacquiao even equal to Marquez at this point. When Marquez put him out, he took everything from Pacman. the entire world had to pick their jaws up from the floor. No question Floyd was always better than Pacquiao. And at this point honestly I believe after how the Four Fights transpired and how Marquez overcame all those odds with his incredible heart(older, slower, initially smaller in 1-3), that he is now also on top of Pacman. Pacman had a great career, won 10 titles, fought any and every... But his time is over and no one will ever forget the manner in which he was destroyed on Dec 8th 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
                    Not even close. Floyd has never gone sleepy time on his face. Undefeated having fought in about 21 title fights (not including Mosley as it wasn't a title fight cuz Floyd didn't care about the belt, it was a pride fight). The real question should be is Pacquiao even equal to Marquez at this point. When Marquez put him out, he took everything from Pacman. the entire world had to pick their jaws up from the floor. No question Floyd was always better than Pacquiao. And at this point honestly I believe after how the Four Fights transpired and how Marquez overcame all those odds with his incredible heart(older, slower, initially smaller in 1-3), that he is now also on top of Pacman. Pacman had a great career, won 10 titles, fought any and every... But his time is over and no one will ever forget the manner in which he was destroyed on Dec 8th 2012.
                    We had an intellectual discussion going, and then you came and shared this with us. Thank you for your treasured contribution of biased nonsense. Your typing is precise and your spelling grades an A. Good for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
                      Not even close. Floyd has never gone sleepy time on his face. Undefeated having fought in about 21 title fights (not including Mosley as it wasn't a title fight cuz Floyd didn't care about the belt, it was a pride fight). The real question should be is Pacquiao even equal to Marquez at this point. When Marquez put him out, he took everything from Pacman. the entire world had to pick their jaws up from the floor. No question Floyd was always better than Pacquiao. And at this point honestly I believe after how the Four Fights transpired and how Marquez overcame all those odds with his incredible heart(older, slower, initially smaller in 1-3), that he is now also on top of Pacman. Pacman had a great career, won 10 titles, fought any and every... But his time is over and no one will ever forget the manner in which he was destroyed on Dec 8th 2012.
                      The people of this site seem to be under the impression that wins are the only things listed on a fighter's resume. Losses are listed on a fighter's resume as well folks. There's no way in the world that this is even close. Anybody saying that Pacquiao's resume is equal to or better than Floyd's is an idiot, I don't care who it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X