Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here have the Reebok zigtech shoes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here have the Reebok zigtech shoes?

I'm going to by a pair for the gym and maybe try them for running.

GRIMLOCK SMASH! i actually got a pair a few weeks ago. . . they aren't anything "revolutionary", but they are comfortable, and do prevent strain on your knees/shins because of the way it transfers energy on impact. . . Im guessing you're an experienced runner, so you already have a good stride/gait, and whether or not you are an under-pronator or over-pronator. . . Zigs are good for either. . I wouldn't recommend them for marathons/half-marathons, but ideal for 5 mile or so runs. .

ALso, they are PERFECT for sprints, jumping rope, and other high intensity type cardio. . .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      GRIMLOCK SMASH! i actually got a pair a few weeks ago. . . they aren't anything "revolutionary", but they are comfortable, and do prevent strain on your knees/shins because of the way it transfers energy on impact. . . Im guessing you're an experienced runner, so you already have a good stride/gait, and whether or not you are an under-pronator or over-pronator. . . Zigs are good for either. . I wouldn't recommend them for marathons/half-marathons, but ideal for 5 mile or so runs. .

ALso, they are PERFECT for sprints, jumping rope, and other high intensity type cardio. . .
      Me grimlock want to know why you wouldn't recommend for marathons and half marathons?

Comment

Ive got a pair, i recommend them. Used to get bad shin splints but these shoes did the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock!! View Post
          Me grimlock want to know why you wouldn't recommend for marathons and half marathons?

I am not personally an "experienced" marathon runner - I've done one marathon, and two half-marathons, so these might be just as good for those long distance type runs. But just from one of my friends who runs marathons, and long distances on the reg. said that he didn't like them as much as other more traditional shoes because they are so heavy.

So I can't personally testify to this; I just know that from what I have ran in them (3-6 miles), I love 'em. . . THey are definitely a pair of shoes you should add to your arsenal, and then see how ya like 'em. . .

Post here again if you get a pair and state what ya think!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Ive got a pair, i recommend them. Used to get bad shin splints but these shoes did the trick
            Same here. . . I would also get "hot-spots", and these shoes completely did away with that. . .

Comment

Same here. . . I would also get "hot-spots", and these shoes completely did away with that. . .
              Whats a hot spot? Like a burn on the ball of your foot or something?

I was so happy to get running again, shin splints really hold u back!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Whats a hot spot? Like a burn on the ball of your foot or something?

I was so happy to get running again, shin splints really hold u back!
                Yep. . I tend to under-pronate so the outter ball on my heel would start burning. . Not really debilitating, but just annoying. . . I have really high-arched feet so it made it even worse. . .

Not nearly as bad as shin splints. . Damn I got some painful memories from shin splints. . .

Comment

Yep. . I tend to under-pronate so the outter ball on my heel would start burning. . Not really debilitating, but just annoying. . . I have really high-arched feet so it made it even worse. . .

Not nearly as bad as shin splints. . Damn I got some painful memories from shin splints. . .
                  Shin splints are straight up evil

Even an annoying niggle like u mention is enough to mess u up though on a long run when u need to be at ease and not distracted with crap like that!

Comment

great shoe for running.

Wouldn't box in them though. Wouldn't sprint in this either. Kinda heavy and bulk for that, not low enough to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                    X