Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of a chance do you give Montiel against Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesher View Post
    Your talking like Montiel has more power than Nonito, I don't think so. Both are relatively equal in terms of power, however Nonito moves better and is the more dynamic fighter.
    Donaire is a one punch at a time fighter, though. Montiel can string them together.
    Last edited by S.G.; 12-27-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Nonito has built his career like Hopkins. Beating up on smaller men, so he gets nothing for me. With that said, I really don't see how he loses to Montiel. I'd say maybe 25% chance but 10% is probably a reasonable percentage.

Comment

ive said this and id say it again hasegawa was a fast skilled boxer.almost the same with donaire except donaire hits harder...and for montiel to knock someone out bigger than him is impressive.montiel by tko in the eight

Comment

Montiel is good.

Comment

montiel has no chance donaire is just to big his body frame belongs in 130-135 once again he needs to step up in weight class and stop beating on small men

Comment

If Donaire can make the weight then he belongs in the weight class. It's as simple at that, it's not like being weight-drained gives him an extra advantage.

Comment

Donaire has never felt the kind of power Montiel has, even against Vic and certainly not against Sidorenko (he doesn't hit hard to begin with). Montiel has a good skill set, but can run a bit cold at times.

The problem for him is that Donaire is fast, taller, with a greater reach and manages distance well and sets up traps. If he's not able to close the gap, he could find it tough to tough land his big shots.

Comment

If the bigger of the 2 is able to absorb what donaire has to offer, this fight will be over around six rounds. Somehow I doubt that. Donaire pulls the decision win.

Comment

Originally posted by turok11 View Post
                    ive said this and id say it again hasegawa was a fast skilled boxer.almost the same with donaire except donaire hits harder...and for montiel to knock someone out bigger than him is impressive.montiel by tko in the eight
                    Up until that k.o and premature ref stoppage, I thought Hasegawa was winning every round.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Have you seen Montiel earlier fights?

I'm not sure if Donaire moves better, Montiel had a reputation of being a boxer. Lately he has been know more for being a puncher with all the KO's he is getting but earlier in his career he moved a lot and well.

And, Montiel is pretty dynamic himself also.

The only reason why I give Donaire the edge is speed and size. But, if gets into a war it would be interesting cuz Donaire chin will be checked if that is the case.
                      Just remember the Jhonny Gonzales fight.

zzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                      X