No announcement yet.

NWO: Jones-Hopkins 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Jones-Hopkins 2

Alright neutrals, it's almost time. Even before Roy lost to Green, a lot of people thought it was a joke for this fight to be on PPV. Or even if it was on regular HBO, both guys were old and the fight didn't really mean anything. Now of course Roy got stopped by Green and the fight looks like an execution (wink wink) of Roy that some people don't even want to happen at all.

I got no problem with the fight and I'll definitely be watching it. But I don't see Roy winning this one at all. Hopkins isn't a violent puncher but Roy's jaw has been shattered and he's not fast enough to dodge big shots anymore. Hopkins has aged like fine wine. Roy's aged like moldy months old bread.

Wondering what the rest of y'all in NWO think about this fight.

Do y'all feel insulted this is still happening post Green, PPV or not?
    See this rematch as meaningful at all, or just entertainment?
    Who wins and how?
    What's both the winner and loser do next?
    Expect it to be exciting or boring?

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
    Alright neutrals, it's almost time. Even before Roy lost to Green, a lot of people thought it was a joke for this fight to be on PPV. Or even if it was on regular HBO, both guys were old and the fight didn't really mean anything. Now of course Roy got stopped by Green and the fight looks like an execution (wink wink) of Roy that some people don't even want to happen at all.

I got no problem with the fight and I'll definitely be watching it. But I don't see Roy winning this one at all. Hopkins isn't a violent puncher but Roy's jaw has been shattered and he's not fast enough to dodge big shots anymore. Hopkins has aged like fine wine. Roy's aged like moldy months old bread.

Wondering what the rest of y'all in NWO think about this fight.

Do y'all feel insulted this is still happening post Green, PPV or not?
    See this rematch as meaningful at all, or just entertainment?
    Who wins and how?
    What's both the winner and loser do next?
    Expect it to be exciting or boring?

i love bhop and they can have it if they want to but I ain't paying a single penny for this shi t.

bhop will fight someone like bute next. roy will retire

Comment

I still wanna see the fight, tho the Green thing was heartbreakin. Sad how far RJ done fell off.

Even if Bhop KO's RJ, Roy still goin down as the gr8er fighter in my eyes, tho both are ATGs.

I think Bhop will put him down, but nt finish him. Bhop by clear UD.

Both will bring the heat and make it a good fight, and both will retire afterwards. Nothin else for em.

Comment

I have a feeling this is finally the last stand of Roy Jones. It seems like he can't bring himself to walk away unless he gets hurt badly. Well the damage he's taken the last 5 years has accumulated, so I think he's going to get hurt in this fight. Bernard is simply worlds above him at this point, despite being older. Never say never in boxing, so of course I'm still going to watch the fight. I think it's good while it lasts, but Hopkins will finish him.

Since Hopkins only wants money fights now, who else can he face if he's against a Dawson fight? I think he'll step down after this as well. If Roy were to win it, I suspect he'd take a farewell fight in Florida or Mississippi just to give his fans one more show, then retire. If he could beat Bernard I'd love to see the Glen Johnson rematch, but doubtful that would happen.

Comment

Damn. That fight was garbage. Both these guys better retire and never come back. And that's coming from a fan of both.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
            Damn. That fight was garbage. Both these guys better retire and never come back. And that's coming from a fan of both.
            I will insist the Hopkins was never a PPV level fighter even at this best so this was a huge waste of time and prevented an HBO or Showtime card from airing and showcasing some young talent because it wouldn't have been worth it due to the viewership the Jones/Hopkins fight taking away from it.

I didn't expect much from the fight anyway so i was that surprised or disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I will insist the Hopkins was never a PPV level fighter even at this best so this was a huge waste of time and prevented an HBO or Showtime card from airing and showcasing some young talent because it wouldn't have been worth it due to the viewership the Jones/Hopkins fight taking away from it.

I didn't expect much from the fight anyway so i was that surprised or disappointed.
              I wasn't expecting a FOTY, but was definitely expecting a good fight. Idealism is a *****.

Comment

The fight went by pretty fast. The most exciting part of the fight was when Hopkins continued to fight even after the bell.

Oh well, I didn't buy it so I don't really care. RJJ needs to retire though, he has nothing left. Hopkins is still alive but still, he is old.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  The fight went by pretty fast. The most exciting part of the fight was when Hopkins continued to fight even after the bell.

Oh well, I didn't buy it so I don't really care. RJJ needs to retire though, he has nothing left. Hopkins is still alive but still, he is old.
                  I noticed that too. The fight flew right by, despite not having much action. Bernard rushing him after the first time out and after the bell was the only really good thing about the fight though. I was supposed to watch with friends, and I was pissed when plans changed last minute. Now I'm glad I streamed it and watched by myself. What a sham. I hope neither man fights again.

Comment

I think roy knew he had no hope of winning. He came to prove a point and that is even a shot jones cannot be knocked out by Hopkins. I detest hopkins for his cheating and then play acting when jones finally gave some back.

Thought this was a waste of fight for Hopkins, he does not have many fights left in him and to fight it against a jones was well a waste.

Hopkins dominated as we though, nothing much else to talk about...

Comment

Working...
                    X