No announcement yet.

MARQUEZ: "For Glory. For Country. For History."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARQUEZ: "For Glory. For Country. For History."

He is already a legend in Mexican boxing, but Juan Manuel Márquez wants more. He wants to go down in history along with the great Mexican boxer Julio César Chávez. It isn’t enough to be one of the best Mexican boxers. “El Dinamita,” the Dynamite, wants it all.

In an interview with RUMBO, Márquez said he would "write one of the greatest chapters in the history of Mexican boxing" on Sept. 19 when he goes up against Floyd Mayweather, Jr. at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

If you win, would this be your greatest victory?

Marquez: The truth is that it would be a great triumph for Mexican boxing and I’m going to have that in my mind. I want to give my country a great satisfaction so they remember this night as one of the most glorious in the history of boxing.

The money is secondary to me because not everyone has this chance to make history. I have that chance now and I will not waste it.

Mayweather, Jr. says you are far from being like J.C. Chávez [Mexican boxer Julio César Chávez González].

Marquez: I respect his opinion but I warn him: He isn’t facing J.C. Chavez Sept. 19. He’s facing J.M. Márquez, and Márquez is writing his own history. We’ll see in the end how it turns out and the people will judge where I deserve to be. I don’t talk outside of the ring. I’ve always said, ‘My story is going to be written with my fists.’

source: http://tinyurl.com/lng3np

Comment

There are some foolish people who think Marquez will just lay down... LOL

He is coming to win, you can believe that!!!!
      Last edited by old cat; 09-18-2009, 11:08 AM.

Comment

keep it mind Mayweather is only fighting for money to pay the IRS and to keep his fraud 39-0. Floyd has no heart nor fighting for anyone but money. I still want him to win tho for that Pac megamatch

Comment

great interview.

Comment

Marquez is serious.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
              Marquez is serious.

SAM, im seriously close to getting back on the JMM wagon for this fight

Comment

Hope, he pulls it off.

Comment

really like marquez confidence and humble ways. perfect combination to gain new fans and make his current fans proud.

good luck marquez! ordered the ppv to support you!

Comment

Yeah booooy... Marquez will make this a tough fight. I put $50 on Marquez to win. Mayweather is underestimating the heart of a warrior. I can't wait!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X