I Would Like to Have Seen 15 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Exactly.

You see these threads every so often and the people who start them always overlook that one crucial aspect. If the fight was 15 rounds, they would have trained for 15 rounds and the same thing would have happened, but 3 rounds longer.
    when I fought I trained for 5 rds more then the fight was and sometimes more. did not fight pro but as a gym we traveled to fight at rec halls

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Those days are long gone and so is the mentality of that era, as well. Fighters of this era would just make a 15 round fight a more protracted, boring, affair. There is very few fighters left that go for the kill.
      I know. I see very few doing that now or really for the last several years. I guess the mentality has changed. I see Golovkin's mean streak. Any guy that presses the knockout in every round is admirable. I'd say Gonzalez and Kovalev have the same attitude too, but like even Canelo is way too content to go the distance without going after his opponent like a shark.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Exactly.

You see these threads every so often and the people who start them always overlook that one crucial aspect. If the fight was 15 rounds, they would have trained for 15 rounds and the same thing would have happened, but 3 rounds longer.
        They would train for 15 for sure. But the more time is more time. A longer fight offers more opportunities regardless. It's just common sense that a fighter has more chances to go for a big shot when he has more rounds to work with. The 15 round title fights were way better and proved a fighter's toughness much more than twelve does.

Comment

Why would you have wanted to see 3 more rounds of that ****?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Why would you have wanted to see 3 more rounds of that ****?
            I knew this would come up. They looked like they were slowing down and starting to trade in the last two rounds. With three more, someone may have actually went for it. Maybe not, but possibly they would have. Obviously no one wanted to see more of the same.

Comment

Working...
            X