No announcement yet.

Espn: Golovkin To Sue Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Golovkin's career has been a huge joke up to this point. What a fraud!
    why is he a fraud for wanting the money he was promised if he steps aside for alvarez cotto to happen?

paying a mandatory to step aside for a much bigger fight to happen is not out of the norm.

A fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
    thats what cotto did with him avoiding ggg by promising him step aside money and not paying up.

Comment

Man listen...

Listen. Cotto is a first ballad HOF'mer. Is GGG? I mean, I like GGG and he is one of my favorites but he should go up to 168lb and fight Ward! Degale! Why is he picking on Canelo and Cotto? They have a HUGE fight in two days. Lay off of them! It's almost like he is trying to take the spot light away from this Saturday because he's mad. Leave Cotto alone!!!!! He has fought the best for years. He is 34 yrs old and continues to fight the best. Did Floyd? Lets appreciate these last days of his career. He's earned it. And "F" the WBC anyway! It is a corrupt organization. These fees they charge fighters is unnecessary! It shouldn't cost that much to be a champion. If the WBC stops making all of these expensive "extra" title belts, they wouldn't need the money. 1.1. million!?!?!?!? For what??? Cotto is smart is what he is. Belts do not define a fighter. Are they important? It depends. In this situation, Cotto did the right thing. What if the fight with Canelo is close??? A rematch will happen so why would Cotto admit to fighting GGG right now? Or next? Saturday hasn't come yet. Besides, Cotto and Canelo are REAL fighters, unlike Floyd. Neither are afraid of GGG. He can be beat. Canelo can beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        why is he a fraud for wanting the money he was promised if he steps aside for alvarez cotto to happen?

paying a mandatory to step aside for a much bigger fight to happen is not out of the norm.

A fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
        thats what cotto did with him avoiding ggg by promising him step aside money and not paying up.
        They don't need Golovkin's permission to fight. They needed Golovkin's permission to fight for the WBC title. Cotto threw the title in the trash. Golovkin won't get any money from Cotto.

Back to calling out retired WWs for Fraudlovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          El-cabron gaying up another Golovkin thread as usual. The contract was to fight for the WBC belt. Cotto threw the belt in the trash. Tell your lover to pick on someone his own size.
          Last I checked, Cotto has been fighting at MW.
          Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
          Listen. Cotto is a first ballad HOF'mer.

Comment

Listen. Cotto is a first ballad HOM'oer. Is GGG?
            Fixed it for you and no I think GGG is straight, do you really go out your way to set your text up like that every time you want to post something on the forums?

Comment

What?

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Last I checked, Cotto has been fighting at MW.

Do you have a problem with me saying that Cotto has earned his stripes and the right to fight who he wants? Why did you quote me saying that he is a first ballad HOF'mer? Are you a hater? Or......? Like I said, I like GGG BUT he should've fought Ward at 168lbs. if he REALLY wanted to fight him. No? He would get his ass beat in a fight against Ward. He's being a bully by calling out Cotto and Canelo right now. THEY ARE NOT MIDDLEWEIGHTS!!!!!!! Cotto just vacated the belt so now GGG can get back to unifying the belts.

Comment

Cotto might lose if he signed an agreement with GGG. I am not sure how this will end. When you sign a legal agreement and then refuse to keep the terms of that agreement you are not off to a very good start in a law suit. Cotto should not have signed in my opinion. His fight with Canelo is huge and it's just as huge without the WBC or GGG. $800000 is too much of a step aside fee.

Comment

Do you have a problem with me saying that Cotto has earned his stripes and the right to fight who he wants? Why did you quote me saying that he is a first ballad HOF'mer? Are you a hater? Or......? Like I said, I like GGG BUT he should've fought Ward at 168lbs. if he REALLY wanted to fight him. No? He would get his ass beat in a fight against Ward. He's being a bully by calling out Cotto and Canelo right now. THEY ARE NOT MIDDLEWEIGHTS!!!!!!! Cotto just vacated the belt so now GGG can get back to unifying the belts.
                  No man in this sport has the right to pick and choose. It happens due to corruption but in this instance the WBC is well in the right for stripping Cotto. And GGG is well in the right in expecting his pay off.

If Cotto and Canelo want to invade MW than they better be prepared to fight the King of that division. He shouldn't have to leave his weight class so Canelo and Cotto can feel safe.

Comment

Canelo is a middleweight. Cut the crap already, he re-hydrates to 175 pounds+ and is fighting for a middleweight title in the middleweight division. He weighs more than Golovkin.

Cotto is fighting in the middleweight division. He's a middleweight. Stop arguing bull****. It's simple logic. You fight in the middleweight division, you are therefore classified as being a middleweight.

Like I said, I like GGG BUT he should've fought Ward at 168lbs.
                    But GGG isn't a super middleweight. He has no titles in that division, and has never fought anyone at that weight. Ward should stop bullying Golovkin, right? That's your bull**** excuse for Cotto/Canelo. There's no basis for arguing against Canelo/Cotto and arguing for Golovkin/Ward. I don't think you really like GGG. It's okay, I don't like James Butler and I'll admit that for some other boxers who I can't think of at the moment.

Do you have a problem with me saying that Cotto has earned his stripes and the right to fight who he wants?
                    Cotto used the WBC title as a negotiating tactic against Canelo. Not just that, but, Cotto also apparently already signed a contract to pay Golovkin to step-aside. I'm still iffy on the translation we received, but if it's the case where Cotto is saying, "I don't need to pay you since I don't have the WBC belt", he is going to get sued and probably lose in court to Golovkin.

Which is valid--- off the top of my head I was under the impression that sanctioned bouts were always a maximum of 3% of the revenue of a fight, with a limit of $300,000. Cotto should have been aware of this (He's been a champion for how long again...?), and so it seems like he always had this intention to reneg on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
                      On backing out on a signed agreement to pay ggg and exposing to the media de amount of money he was going to pay ggg. **** just got i teresting.

http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?s...esktop&cc=3888
                      This just adds to the many reasons why I dont like GGG. This guys crew and fans act like hes a genuine fighter that dont care about $ but its all BS. Also going after the small business (Cotto) instead of the big business (WBC) proves my point. I really dont blame Cotto if he didnt want to pay 2million dollars to the WBC especailly if he dont plan on representing them. These boxers and promoters suing each other while these alphabet organizations run rapid has to stop. This would all stop after a class action lawsuit from an entire entity slapped them in the face. Imagine if all PBC fighters filed suit against the WBC, WBA, IBF, or WBO? This would set up alot of cases to be heard in bankruptcy court.

Comment

Working...
                      X