Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who punches harder Floyd or JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you freaking kidding me this is a serious question??? If Floyd would've hit pacquiao with the exact same punches marquez hit him with, Pacquiao wouldn't have been dropped. Maybe a little stunned, but that's about it.

Comment

I would say they about the same in the power category.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayseen View Post
        Are you freaking kidding me this is a serious question??? If Floyd would've hit pacquiao with the exact same punches marquez hit him with, Pacquiao wouldn't have been dropped. Maybe a little stunned, but that's about it.
        I agree. I can't believe some people are saying Floyd hits harder than Marquez lmao.

Comment

Floyd supposedly hits very hard according to practically every fighter he's ever fought. There's a reason most good fighters hes fought come in with near career lows in throws and lands after he tags them a few times. Floyd is just very disciplined with how much he pulls his punches. Floyd has to be one of the most calculating fighters we'll ever see .. As much as it pains me to admit..Floyd is amazing when he goes on the offensive. When he's throwing punches he looks unstopable. He can go from pitter pat punches, to an offensive assault of hard punches then immediately start countering.

Marquez has power and when he's going forward throwing punches he can be lethal sitting down on them. He just fights so..weirdly agressive off the back foot with his counter punching and combinations that we forget he can come forward and throw bombs if he sets his feet. Thats what he did with Pac. He caught him the same way a few times then he unleashed it. Martinez did it to P Will too. Watch how they both set the punch up, land it a few times as what seems like a "Ok, I got this" then they just exploded.

I think Floyd has more power but is more cautious. Marquez will take a shot if he can land 3. Floyd can give 3-4 shots and take one in return if he chose, but he instead gives 1-2 and takes none.

Comment

Id give the edge to Floyd due to his size but I cant be sure though cause juan looked pretty strong against manny!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              I've always felt both was better punchers than given credit for.
              I'd say Floyd when he sits down on his punches.
              The most i ever seen Floyd put into a punch was the ko punch of Ortiz but that was a free shot

Comment

marquez clearly has more power. marquez knocked out pac cold. mayweather's never even knocked a bum out cold. marquez had diaz staring up at the ceiling, marquez beat peden down so much he was vomitting, marquez destroys bums with 1 punch. marquez has concussive power. floyd does not. mayweather can't really hurt guys unless they fly into turnbuckles or they are looking at the ref. basically all his stoppages are accumulation/corner stoppages where his opponent is still coherent.

Last edited by daggum; 12-23-2012, 01:00 AM.

Comment

same. As far as the right hand Marquez has a more powerful over hand right

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    marquez clearly has more power. marquez knocked out pac cold. mayweather's never even knocked a bum out cold. marquez had diaz staring up at the ceiling, marquez beat peden down so much he was vomitting, marquez destroys bums with 1 punch. marquez has concussive power. floyd does not. mayweather can't really hurt guys unless they fly into turnbuckles or they are looking at the ref. basically all his stoppages are accumulation/corner stoppages where his opponent is still coherent.

It was a serious question and you come in hating like a moron , you cant help yourself kid just a straight up hater , and Floyd has koed bums out cold and also sat bigger guys than Juan has ever hit .

Any of the elite fighters hit Pac with that same right hand its lights out , you dont understand the difference in a perfect punch and power , this is why Id like to see Floyd fight the new Juan again , I got no doubt he would school him again and possibly stop him because Floyd is sitting on his punches more so these days .

Comment

when floyd loads up his shots he hit hard, when he hits them with a fast combo he doesnt hit hard.

the punch jmm hit pac with was loaded up and pacs movement made it 100 times more devastating

if floyd had loaded up his shot like that and pac walked into full speed ahead, he wud have got tko'd

Comment

Working...
                      X