Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz training with Joel Diaz now and helping Bradley spar for Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz doesn't jab, never has. He just loves to throw that straight left. He has no defense. He has/had all the physical tools, but he never had great technique. Khan Koed him in the ams in the second round.

Comment

Luis ain't not slouch! Only Mosley soundly beat him n he broke his hand in that fight. He arguably got robbed vs Hatton n Berto. N the hook he guy Vic with was right on the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
        Ortiz doesn't jab, never has. He just loves to throw that straight left. He has no defense. He has/had all the physical tools, but he never had great technique. Khan Koed him in the ams in the second round.
        For real???

Comment

Ortiz's jaw is done

If Collazo made him quit imagine what any contender (Thurman, Porter, Rios, etc) would do to him

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
            I must have missed that fight...

Seriously though, I think Victor is done as a top level fighter.

He had some talent but maybe it all came to early for him, he is still young but I don't think he has the mental maturity to get over his recent lapse in form.

Collazo is a fine fighter and a real tough opponent, he deserves recognition for the KO.

But...

I think Victor could have made it to the bell and recovered in his corner if he still had the stones.

Victor had a tough time as a kid, I feel for him and wish him well.

Comment

Ortiz will be back trust me. He needs to fight to justify his celebrity status.

Plus the kids only 26. He's got about 7 years left in him. People will still want to promote him because of the name.

Comment

I used to like Ortiz, but after his no show against Collazo I can't take him seriously any more, regardless of who trains him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  For real???
                  Yea, I know it's crazy. Even then Ortiz was considered a boxing prodigy when Khan koed him. But, Khan has a sensational am pedigree, was almost impossible to beat. AMS r interesting because no one is on peds. In a way, its the only fair boxing battle background.

Ortiz was always highly regarded for his physical ability, fast, and hits hard, but the guy never built a sophisticated boxing technique.

Comment

Hope Bradley don't ko him

Comment

Three fights in a row isn't that bad, but he lost two tuneups in a row

Comment

Working...
                      X