Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman "Devon Alexander is the heir to Mayweather's pound-for-pound throne"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
    Devon was hyped too soon before he really proved any thing. The Urango KO got a lot of people hype to see him fight Bradley since they both were considered the top of the division at the time. But he's shown flaws throughout his career. Remember the Kotelnik and Matthysee fights? I felt he lost both of those and not to mention the Bradley fight. He routinely falls into a predictable offensive pattern and is easy to read for high-level opponents (Bradley, Khan, etc.).

Khan's win over him is impressive, but I'd like to see him face Thurman before Floyd. As for Alexander, he should have switched trainers a long time ago, but his loyalty to Cunningham will be his downfall. I doubt he'll fight at the top level again after the Khan fight. Sad and I like the kid. Hopefully he'll bounce back, but I doubt it.
    not it wasn't. alexander was ranked at the bottom of welterweight (#10 by ring and #9 by TBRB) and coming off a mediocre win against karass just after losing badly to porter.

it's an okay win.

Comment

Dafuq, people just hype up anyone up nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        not it wasn't. alexander was ranked at the bottom of welterweight (#10 by ring and #9 by TBRB) and coming off a mediocre win against karass just after losing badly to porter.

it's an okay win.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          so #10 ranked alexander, coming off a mediocre win against karass, no belt, is an impressive win for khan???? hahahahahahahahahaha

you khan fans are so delusional. i knew you would all hype up this mediocre win.

Comment

He was sensational as an amateur. A lot of people had high hopes. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Ha-ha! I remeber reading some comments about how it was damn shame the fight wasn't getting the attention it deserved and how everybody should be watching the fight cause it was a throwback fight akin to Hagler v. Hearns and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                so #10 ranked alexander, coming off a mediocre win against karass, no belt, is an impressive win for khan???? hahahahahahahahahaha

you khan fans are so delusional. i knew you would all hype up this mediocre win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
                  Ha-ha! I remeber reading some comments about how it was damn shame the fight wasn't getting the attention it deserved and how everybody should be watching the fight cause it was a throwback fight akin to Hagler v. Hearns and the like.
                  lol I remember that, turned out to be a snoozer with Alexander quitting at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    lol I remember that, turned out to be a snoozer with Alexander quitting at the end.
                    People were relieved when it ended, it was truly painful to watch.

Comment

The thing is, its the manner in which Khan beat Alexander that makes it so special. He outboxed and shutout out someone who Floyd himself called his heir. This is the level of skill that Alexander has. He is explosive and quick, and Khan handled him easy, by beating him at his own game.

What Khan does, he is the best at. And the main thing is, he's also a very nice guy. A guy you want to root for. In boxing for someone to be like this, and be good is so rare that Amir is a very rare fighter. The rest of the welters are all ugly people, full of false bravado and vulgar language.

Comment

Working...
                      X