Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up a new sound system for my new ride!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Setting up a new sound system for my new ride!

I want that **** to bump, set off alarms and shit.

im looking to go pure rockford (but im open to other brands) what I usually buy but I usually just buy two subs like 250 watts rms and add a amp connect it to the system as is and im done, but this one I want to do bad ass. I thought about just going to a sound system place but ehhh I aint got shit to do so thought Ill do it myself.

I have huge trunk space so thats no problem, and this aint no family car so I aint worried.

what im looking at right now is 4 12's 600 wRMS
    http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...5378226&sr=1-3

powered by 2 1200 watts amps
    http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...40NB3PZES9WXQ3

and 2 Farad Capacitor
    http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...40NB3PZES9WXQ3

I plan to run from the battery to the caps, to the amps to the subs, 2 subs per amp.

I refuse to believe someone as E-poor as you can afford any of that stuff. E-currency translates to real life you know

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      I refuse to believe someone as E-poor as you can afford any of that stuff. E-currency translates to real life you know
      sure amazon accept e-points, tell em I sent ya.

Comment

1 amp per speaker? Can you wire the speakers at 1 ohm or are you gonna wire them 2 ohm? what about the mids and highs?

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
          1 amp per speaker? Can you wire the speakers at 1 ohm or are you gonna wire them 2 ohm? what about the mids and highs?
          naw gonna use 1 amp for 2 speaks @ 2 ohms so 2 amps pushing 4 subs, im thinking just not sure yet, if their might be a better way to get the best out of the set up or if their something better I can do.

and mids and highs are easy, just replace the factory with aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
            naw gonna use 1 amp for 2 speaks @ 2 ohms so 2 amps pushing 4 subs, im thinking just not sure yet, if their might be a better way to get the best out of the set up or if their something better I can do.

and mids and highs are easy, just replace the factory with aftermarket.
            OK, I thought you were only getting two subs. Sounds about right then. I used to get them little 1" tweeters too and would have them all loud. tsss tsss tsss tsss.

Damn, I remember when 6x9's used to be the ****

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
              OK, I thought you were only getting two subs. Sounds about right then. I used to get them little 1" tweeters too and would have them all loud. tsss tsss tsss tsss.

Damn, I remember when 6x9's used to be the ****
              yeah I remeber that, lol back in highschool I was pimped out in my iroc baddest system in all highschool lol. best song to play imo when you have tweeters and your entire system on point with subs and shit is

yeah still that same dude just a lil upgraded from those days.

Comment

What's your budget, and are you looking for your car to rattle like a pos, or are you looking for tighter bass?

Comment

Originally posted by ciscofromoc View Post
                  What's your budget, and are you looking for your car to rattle like a pos, or are you looking for tighter bass?
                  my budget is a few grand i dont want to spend more the 3 and i line the **** out of my car with dynmat like crazy and my rides never rattle, just pure bass, plus my car aint from the 1980's lol
                  Last edited by Daylyt; 11-07-2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ciscofromoc View Post
                    Are you looking for your car to rattle like a pos,
                    Hahaha I lol'd

Comment

Working...
                    X