Andre Ward said in 2012 he'd fight anyone at 168 or 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    Exactly.

Ward is such a hypocrite for calling out boxers from smaller weight division while saying they need to move up to HIS preferred weight, while refusing to go to 175 to fight anyone there after he said he would.

He's a prima donna who demands everything his own way.
    You say like Golovkin didn't call out Mayweather a few times... Lol. Mayweather who is by the way a natural welterweight not even a natural 154 lb-er.
    Please practice a little citic on your loved fighters as well because otherwise you are also a hypocrite. Why you can't be just a little bit more objective? Sometime you write smart and sound thing about your favourite fighters/prospects why you can't do the same with you not so loved fighters? You are clearly very happy that Ward is inactive but you really feel yourself better cause he was beaten in the court but not in the ring? You know if you already hating on him so much...
    And GTFO with that "shouldn't call himself Son Of God" talk... It's a NICKNAME. You know, he doesn't think that he is actually God's son, it's marketing and in boxing I bet you don't mock anyone else because his fucking nickname. I can't believe you, lol.
    A little more objectivity please, just a little. Be smart if you're talking about your hated fighters not just wheny you're talking about you beloved Eastern-Euro fighters. Tbh I don't even know that if you like any other current boxer outsideof Easter-Euros and Pac.
    You treat every Easter-Euro fighters like they would all expectional and like they would have no failures at all yet you're talking all the time about your hated fighters' sometimes just imaginary human failures.
    You are the truly hypocrite here.

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
      Ducked Bute, Stevenson, and Kovalev.. Get real. This dude is a wuss. The talent is there, the balls aren't.
      Not only he ducked Bute, but (into the process) Ward managed to turn Froch into a big cash cow...
      Ward said he would move up but Stevenson, Kovalev and (now) Beterbiev made him change his mind and sit back.

Andre Ward showed great intuition regarding his boxing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        But since then he's ducked both Stevenson and Kovalev.

From May 12, 2012: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ard-bout-works

Andre Ward "I am ready to fight the best 168- and 175-pounders that are out there," Ward told ESPN.com in a recent interview. "At this point, a big fight at 175 is interesting to me. I'm willing to fight anyone at '68 or '75."
        He's waiting for Kessler to be completely shot before granting him a (long overdue) rematch in Copenhagen. Two conditions though: he picks the referee and judges.

Ward is irrelevant now. Seeing his face as Froch walked out in front of 80,000 at Wembley would have been priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
          You say like Golovkin didn't call out Mayweather a few times... Lol. Mayweather who is by the way a natural welterweight not even a natural 154 lb-er.
          Golovkin offered to fight Mayweather at 154 where "Money" is supposedly the champion. GGG said he'd go as low as 150 for Floyd.

Ward, in contrast, expects Golovkin to move up to HIS preferred weight of 168.

And let's not forget, Ward also called out Mayweather, and said he'd go down to 160 for him but not 154.

There's nothing wrong with Ward calling out GGG if he's willing to fight his at 160, but he won't. Ward is a prima donna who demands everything his own way. Someone as selfish as he is shouldn't call himself the "Son of God".

Comment

Working...
          X