Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the plaster and 8 to 1 boxing clinic do you view cotto as a 1 loss fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto was bleeding in the 1st fight cuz Marg was landing punches. Now on the rematch, Cotto was still marked up even though Marg didn't land that miuch(compare to the first fight).

But if you look at the fight against Pac, Cotto started bleeding at the 2nd half of the fight(Pac should thank Marg). If Marg landed the same amount of punches from the 1st fight on the rematch, the result of Cotto's face would like be the 1st fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Here we go again its impossible to get away with using plaster in boxing match. This has been gone over at least a dozen times by now. If Margarito used(or attempted to use) plaster against Cotto he would have been caught just like he was against Mosley
      by who??? the commission??? lol

Comment

Most plaster victims never recover and I have to say that in 40 yrs as a boxing fan Cotto is the only one I have seen not only recover but become a better boxer. Those two looses to IMO plaster and steroids and the way He handle them is part of who Cotto is today.

Comment

Originally posted by nv__ View Post
          i agree 100000% but lab results PROVED there was plaster of paris in his wraps and the commission DIDNT buy his story and stated he was tryin to lie about not knowing or cheating hence his yr suspension. Their was enough evidence to PROVE he had loaded wraps. y are we still talkin about this? why are ppl still denying the evidence and proof? someone in this forum copied parts of the case and posted it so ppl would shut up and stop speculating when the proof is already there. As for the 2 fights...loaded wraps or not i think it coulda went either way. it woulda been close cuz the fact remains cotto was gettin hit and sittin on the ropes to often. the 2nd fight he was smarter, stayed away from the ropes and brawling. he outboxed margs.
          Actually Margaritos lawyers at the hearing asked the commissioner if Margarito had a look of guilt ie how he reacted at the time and the commissioner said no.Margaritos one year suspension if memory serves me correctly was that a member of his team acted inappropriately (Capetillio) and since it his team Margarito was at fault

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
            Most plaster victims never recover and I have to say that in 40 yrs as a boxing fan Cotto is the only one I have seen not only recover but become a better boxer. Those two looses to IMO plaster and steroids and the way He handle them is part of who Cotto is today.
            Kermit Cintron did alright after been beaten twice with plaster he recored his career best win over Angulo,Paul Williams clearly did not feel the ill effects beating Winky and giving Martinez alot to handle and Joshua Clottey was not on the slide after the fight with Margarito and his plaster wraps he beat Corrales Judah in my opinion beat Cotto and got a fight with Pacquaio

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
              Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              Kermit Cintron did alright after been beaten twice with plaster he recored his career best win over Angulo,Paul Williams clearly did not feel the ill effects beating Winky and giving Martinez alot to handle and Joshua Clottey was not on the slide after the fight with Margarito and his plaster wraps he beat Corrales Judah in my opinion beat Cotto and got a fight with Pacquaio
              Either those are a lot of fighters recovering from plaster or they weren't victims of plaster.

Comment

To me its two losses, bit like the number of Vitali threads that he hasn't lost, when he has two losses. Same with a number of fans claiming other losses aren't losses. Weather marg cheated or not cotto has two losses.

Comment

I dont. I belive if cotto fought exactly like he did the first fight he would have lost the second as well

Comment

Nah he still got 2 losses

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
                      With the plaster incident and the rematch being 8 rounds to 1 there is no doubt that first win was dirty. Do you guys view cotto as only having one leigt loss now which was to pacquiao. Even though I still cant put him in top ten but a win over chavez jr would make him ten in my eyes.
                      NO, I don't believe that Margarito ever used plaster. The Commission enquiry, official decision, and the Lab reports clearly showed that.

Comment

Working...
                      X