Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney Or Lennox Lewis? Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    Due to the fact that there are so many belts, the original belt holder has to be taken into account as well.

First of all dont tell me what to do and secondly where have I lied?

After beating Holyfiled to become the undisputed champion Lewis vacated his IBF belt to avoid facing Byrd. He would later on vacate his WBA belt to avoid facing Ruiz. Due to the inconclisive nature of his win over Vitali he was ordered by the WBC to give Vitali a rematch, he said he would then chose to retire instead. Is this great according to you? He never beat the best of his ers handily either, there were a number of fighters he struggled with Bruno, Rahman, Holyfield, McCall

Toney is a hof as well. I have never trashed Lewis accomplishments either, what have I lied about? Was the Tyson he beat prime to you?
    Avoid Byrd? No. Avoid Ruiz? gimme a break. Inconclusive win over Vitali? Look at the mans face. I never called you a lier. Struggled with Bruno? Thats a negative. He avenged Rahman with the best two piece in the sports history. He did have "trouble" with Holyfield but he clearly won both of them even though one was scored a draw. He made McCall quit and dude was crying in the ring. Toney is not in the Hall of fame. And no, that was not a prime tyson...your only valid statement. But Lennox still knocked out the man in front of him. Have a nice day. I enjoyed dissecting your message

Comment

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
      you also say he was stripped of all hes titles he vacated the wba and ibf because of there mandatories (ruiz and byrdd) and retired on the wbc
      He was going to get stripped by the WBC, if he didnt give Vitali a rematch. Even Manny Steward would say he was dissapointed that Lewis didnt fight Vitali again. As for the IBF and WBA belts, whats the point of having a belt if you are not going to face your mandatories?

Comment

What has his Amateur career got to do with his pro career?

Dude you are trolling with this: Grant? Biggs? Frank Bruno? Akinwande? Morrison? Briggs? Botha?
        Are these elite fighters to you? Bruno was a C class fighter at best. Ruddock was shot to hell after two wars with Tyson, why aren't you taking any of this stuff into account? Mercer deserved a rematch and Lewis never gave him one either
        did i say they was elite i said solid wins no boxer in history has a full resume built on hof victorys grant was the next big thing bruno was the biggest and most loved heavyweight in britain briggs was still lineal champ mercer shud of got a rematch but lewis fought for a title instead do u knock him for that??

Comment

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
          did i say they was elite i said solid wins no boxer in history has a full resume built on hof victorys grant was the next big thing bruno was the biggest and most loved heavyweight in britain briggs was still lineal champ mercer shud of got a rematch but lewis fought for a title instead do u knock him for that??
          let the hater hate man. he can't and won't see the truth

Comment

He was going to get stripped by the WBC, if he didnt give Vitali a rematch. Even Manny Steward would say he was dissapointed that Lewis didnt fight Vitali again. As for the IBF and WBA belts, whats the point of having a belt if you are not going to face your mandatories?
            he dropped the wba to fight americas hare to the throne in grant for more money and he dropped the ibf to fight kirk johnson but of course ended up fighting vitaly
            do you honestly believe ruiz and byrd would of beat lewis or you jsut clutching at straws

Comment

Close, but Lennox Lewis was the greater fighter. Lennox avenged his losses, Toney did not.

Toney has those 2 losses to Griffin and the losses to Jones (who really outclassed him) and Thadzi, and he received several gift decisions (Tiberi, etc).

That being said, Toney when fully focused (Jirov fight) was a great fighter.

Comment

lennox....without a shadow of a doubt.......................

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                  Avoid Byrd? No. Avoid Ruiz? gimme a break.
                  If you have a belt you have to defend it against your mandos, its really that simple
                  Inconclusive win over Vitali? Look at the mans face. I never called you a lier. Struggled with Bruno? Thats a negative.
                  Bruno Jab, gave Lewis fits, he also had him badly hurt as well in that fight. His win over Vitali was inconclusive Vitali was ahead on points and wanted to continue hence the demand for a rematch
                  He avenged Rahman with the best two piece in the sports history. He did have "trouble" with Holyfield but he clearly won both of them even though one was scored a draw. He made McCall quit and dude was crying in the ring.
                  McCall shouldn't of even been in the ring, he was in drug rehab for his out of control cocaine addiction and was clearly not the same fighter that Lewis had faced before
                  Toney is not in the Hall of fame .
                  Of course he is: 3 divison world champion Has fought in 5 weight classes wins over: Littles, Nunn, McCallum, Jirov and Holyfield
                  And no, that was not a prime tyson...your only valid statement. But Lennox still knocked out the man in front of him. Have a nice day. I enjoyed dissecting your message
                  You havent dissected anything. If the fighter in front of you is completely shot then it cant be called a great win. Was Berbicks win over Ali great according to you? The last time that Tyson had beaten a top opponent was Ruddock back in 92.

Comment

Toney is the bigger underachiever of all time, one of the greatest talents of all times( on Folyd's level) and couldn't be a top 3 pound for pound, it's like Toney tried so hard to not be the greatest, having lackluster performances against B level fighters.

Lennox is a top 10 HW, nuff said.

Comment

If you have a belt you have to defend it against your mandos, its really that simple
                      yah cuz titles are important in this day and age
                      Bruno Jab, gave Lewis fits, he also had him badly hurt as well in that fight. His win over Vitali was inconclusive Vitali was ahead on points and wanted to continue hence the demand for a rematch
                      how many completed rounds where in the klitschko fight was lewis not coming into it?? bruno got stopped game over
                      McCall shouldn't of even been in the ring, he was in drug rehab for his out of control cocaine addiction and was clearly not the same fighter that Lewis had faced before

Of course he is: 3 divison world champion Has fought in 5 weight classes wins over: Littles, Nunn, McCallum, Jirov and Holyfield
                      technically he aint been inducted yet
                      You havent dissected anything. If the fighter in front of you is completely shot then it cant be called a great win. Was Berbicks win over Ali great according to you? The last time that Tyson had beaten a top opponent was Ruddock back in 92.
                      so does that not make tyson overated??

Comment

Working...
                      X