Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are So MANY people Picking Lee to BEAT Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
    Yes I did. I'm not saying Chavez record is better, just that It's comparable to a guy who has had 15 years to make a name for himself and up until 2 years ago.....hasn't done **** in the sport of boxing.

No...the Rubio fight was a better win for Chavez than the Dzin win for Martinez because Dzin was out for almost 2 years, fought Martinez in a weight class he didn't belong in and was rusty as hell.

PWilliams and the Pavlik wins are good wins, but outside of that......Martinez resume doesn't look a whole a lot better than Chavez resume.

I can't believe these people exist....smh

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post

I can't believe these people exist....smh
      because wins over Macklin, Dzinzurik, Barker and Bunema are the stuff of legends.

Outside of Pavlik and Williams, Martinez record sucks and is mediocre at best.

Comment

You'd pick Lee for the belief he has the boxing ability to outpoint him and somehow win on the cards or You're not necessarilly picking for Lee but against Chavez
        Lee should be able to keep it close and have a chance late but he doesn't possess any real significant qualitites that would make it an obvious choice like power,hand-foot speed,defensive reflexes or great boxing prowess

Comment

Andy Lee is one of the worse fighters I have seen in recent times.

It's d@mn near impossible to believe that he can beat Chavez Jr.

Also, people bash Chavez Jr's record but what's funny is how much better is Martinez record?

Chavez wins over
          Molina...8-1...and he actually should have beaten Chavez jr.
          Manfredo...37-6...best accomplishment...contender winner..wowsers
          Zbik...30-0...had Martinez's title actually that was wrongfully taken away by the WBC
          Rubio...53-5-1...lol

Martinez wins over
          Pavlik...36-1 and middle weight champion of the world
          Williams...39-1 and the most feared guy in boxing..ko in round 2
          Dzinzurik...36-0..never been down as a pro and a champ at 154
          Macklin...28-3 should be 29-2 with the title

Sorry....but I'm not seeing how Martinez record is a lot better than Chavez. Alteast Chavez has the youth and lack of amatuer experience excuse going for him. Sergio is 36......so why is his resume so ****ty?
          If you can't see why Martinez is eons above Chavez jr's pay grade then.....

Comment

Jr. lack of experience vs Southpaws will hurt him. Chavez's average power is another problem.

I got Lee by UD.

Comment

because wins over Macklin, Dzinzurik, Barker and Bunema are the stuff of legends.

Outside of Pavlik and Williams, Martinez record sucks and is mediocre at best.
              Dude, you can't be serious. Chavez jr has had at least 3 or 4 questionable victories over scrubs and his best win is over a guy that had Martinez's WBC title that Foolio's uncle Sulaiman took away and gave to Zibik, who is a B level boxer at best.

Not to mention, the scrub has ben caught using banned substances because he is too busy getting DUI's to make weight properly...Martinez murders Foolio Jr while only trying 75%.

Comment

Sergio is 36......so why is his resume so ****ty?
                It's comparable to a guy who has had 15 years to make a name for himself and up until 2 years ago
                You're so damn ignorant to the point that it gets me mad... Do you know ANYTHING about Martinez such as when did he start boxing? Sorry Martinez doesn't have a daddy named Julio Cesar Chavez Sr and that's solely the only reason why Jr is so "popular" but he's nowhere near as good as his dad OR Martinez for that matter. Why is his resume so ****ty? Because no one will give him a fight... he's been asking for it for the longest now. And the top names in his weight class do not leave their countries to fight or is Martinez suppose to go to their backyard?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  If you can't see why Martinez is eons above Chavez jr's pay grade then.....
                  I never stated Chavez resume was better....just that, outside of Williams and Pavlik it isn't a lot better

I don't see how his win over:

Dzinzurik is any better than Zbik.
                  Barker any better than Duddy
                  Macklin being a lot better than Rubio
                  Bunema being better than Manfredo

I just see a guy (Martinez) who just has two hot wins and a mediocre resume at best. It's just hilarious that Martinez fans bash Chavez record when Sergio's resume is full of bums and fruit vendors.

Comment

Wow fk I can't believe you had the nerves to compare Duddy to ANYONE in the boxing world.

Comment

I never stated Chavez resume was better....just that, outside of Williams and Pavlik it isn't a lot better

I don't see how his win over:

Dzinzurik is any better than Zbik.
                      Macklin being a lot better than Rubio
                      Bunema being better than Manfredo

I just see a guy (Martinez) who just has two hot wins and a mediocre resume at best. It's just hilarious that Martinez fans bash Chavez record when Sergio's resume is full of bums and fruit vendors.
                      Maybe because Martinez is top 3 p4p and Chavez jr is not even ranked in the top 10. Hell, he doesn't even get honorable mentions to be in the top 10...that says it all right there I guess.

Additionally, Duddy isn't even ranked and Barker is ranked 19th in the world even after the Martinez loss.......that says a ton.
                      Last edited by mathed; 04-07-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X