Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Corley Round 4. The most exciting round of Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    On my cell so don't feel like typing a lot but one thing that stood out to me is that in between rounds you could here Roger telling Floyd to go to the body. U then here Floyd saying something like he can't because Chop is covering up. U could tell roger was frustrated and tryin to get Floyd to listen.

Then in like the 8th or 10th round they are in the ring and u can here roger saying "the body". Floyd immediately throws a quick body shot that stops chop in his tracks. U can here roger say something like " there it is". Then Floyd throws another body block to where u can see chop is hurt. Then Floyd unloaded a combo that ended up coming back up top after chop dropped his hands. It sent chop going backwards.

That's why I laugh when people say trainers don't matter with Floyd. Those eyes help and they are studying film non stop. They lay the gameplan. Floyd executes snd is a great adjuster but he doesn't do it alone. Roger an senior know there stuff
    Absolutely.

It genuinely frustrates me that people say Roger isn't a good trainer and Mayweather doesn't need a trainer.

Floyd himself gives so much credit to Roger for moulding him as a fighter and sorting out the gameplans for him. You think Mayweather, with the ego he has, would say that if he didn't need to?

This is a guy who's so ego driven he claims he doesn't watch any film on his opponents and drinks and eats junk food on a consistent level while he's in training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Judah was before the Baldomir fight but yeah that was an entertaining fight.

That's the thing, even post Oscar despite being more conservatite than his earliest and earlier career he still put on exciting fights. Hatton, Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto are all exciting fights IMO.

The thing is a lot of people just base his whole career off the Baldomir and Oscar fights.

Add the fact it's around the same time Mayweather avoided Margarito and turned the volume up to max on his persona.

So it's understandable he rubbed people up the wrong way.
      Those are called boxing noobs.

Comment

That man was such an amazing beast back then. What a great.

Comment

Judah was before the Baldomir fight but yeah that was an entertaining fight.

That's the thing, even post Oscar despite being more conservatite than his earliest and earlier career he still put on exciting fights. Hatton, Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto are all exciting fights IMO.

The thing is a lot of people just base his whole career off the Baldomir and Oscar fights.

Add the fact it's around the same time Mayweather avoided Margarito and turned the volume up to max on his persona.

So it's understandable he rubbed people up the wrong way.
          those were his biggest fights and he fought like a bi-tch. it's easy to be tough against losers like ortiz and cherry picked opponents. when he stepped into the ring with a beast like baldomir it was safety first.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            those were his biggest fights and he fought like a bi-tch. it's easy to be tough against losers like ortiz and cherry picked opponents. when he stepped into the ring with a beast like baldomir it was safety first.
            Exactly my point. Plus, they were back to back and in the same time frame he avoided Margarito. New fans to the sport are obviously going to repel to that.

And it's funny you posted because you are the exact person I had in mind when making those posts Didn't quite expect people to let it seemingly take over their life like you have, though.

Thank the Lord Calzaghe hadn't retired yet at that point.

Comment

Exactly my point. Plus, they were back to back and in the same time frame he avoided Margarito. New fans to the sport are obviously going to repel to that.

And it's funny you posted because you are the exact person I had in mind when making those posts Didn't quite expect people to let it seemingly take over their life like you have, though.

Thank the Lord Calzaghe hadn't retired yet at that point.
              what i don't understand is why floyd became so popular. those fights were just awful and yet people stuck around. it shows that the people who stuck around don't really care about boxing. they just like paying 50 dollars for a very weak soap opera starring floyd, and so they can say silly things like check hook! and pull counter!

and calzaghe will return....it has been prophesized

Comment

what i don't understand is why floyd became so popular. those fights were just awful and yet people stuck around. it shows that the people who stuck around don't really care about boxing. they just like paying 50 dollars for a very weak soap opera starring floyd, and so they can say silly things like check hook! and pull counter!

and calzaghe will return....it has been prophesized
                Because he is a good fighter. A lot of people seemed to be most enamored with how hard he works and how good he is in training, especially on the mitts.

Everyone I talked to after the Delahoya/Floyd 24/7 was "Oh my god how good is Floyd in camp" They couldn't wait to see him again

Comment

I'm not sure about that round. Round 4 of the N'dou fight, Round 2 of the Mosley fight, Round 8/9 of the Chavez fight were all amazing as well.

Comment

No CWs to drain the much bigger men , makes all the difference in the world , you got no idea of weight .

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
                      Because he is a good fighter. A lot of people seemed to be most enamored with how hard he works and how good he is in training, especially on the mitts.

Everyone I talked to after the Delahoya/Floyd 24/7 was "Oh my god how good is Floyd in camp" They couldn't wait to see him again
                      yeah the actual fights may suck but damn i love seeing him hit those mitts!

Comment

Working...
                      X