No announcement yet.

jorge luis gonzalez. lets remember the hype aroumd this guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jorge luis gonzalez. lets remember the hype aroumd this guy

He was a gold medalist in the ams, record of 220-13, beat Bowe and Lewis, had power that was koing dudes left and right. Was supposed to be the future of the hw division, and then,

He fought Bowe and got wrecked.

Sorry but an amatuer pedigree guarantees no automatic pro success. Guillermo Rigondeaux is the new Jorge Luis Gonzalez.

Lets at least wait until he fight donaire before we label him.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
      Lets at least wait until he fight donaire before we label him.
      I don't see people waiting to claim Nonito is ducking a guy with 11 fights.

Comment

Ok.

Cool story bro.

Comment

And what was the gold medal he won?

Why not throw Audley Harrison into the equation too.

What amateur anywhere near Rigo's level has not gone on to have pro success? Though I suppose on here unless you're elite level, you've not had a successful career.

Rigo was world champion in only his 7th pro fight, hes taking Donaires strap & scalp too and nothing you can say or change can stop it from happening.

The fact he only has 11 pro fights and such will only make his victory even more impressive. Its unheard of and he is breaking record after record after record!

Nobody south of 126 beats Rigo, nobody!

Comment

so what for ever good duke player in the nba 5 dont make it. whats your point

and if i remember bowe was no ****ing joke at the time, so what if he lost to that beast
            Last edited by Cubanborn87; 01-19-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

i remember that fight...so much hype going on before the fight because of the cuban's amateur record. then came the fight and gonzalez didn't offer any kind of resistance...so disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                He was a gold medalist in the ams, record of 220-13, beat Bowe and Lewis, had power that was koing dudes left and right. Was supposed to be the future of the hw division, and then,

He fought Bowe and got wrecked.

Sorry but an amatuer pedigree guarantees no automatic pro success. Guillermo Rigondeaux is the new Jorge Luis Gonzalez.
                Not everyone with a college degree, post graduate degree, or even doctorate, succeeds in the workforce. Many of those people are struggling to find work, while some high school dropout makes millions. Education doesn't guarantee success, not in any way. Yet, only a fool would tell someone: "Forget college, you don't need an education."

There are a lot of variables between fighters. Anything can happen in someone's life. Some people lose motivation. Some can't handle the transition. There are any number of reasons why someone fails at the next level. But, out of the gate, I'll bet my hard-earned cash on the Olympic gold medallist with a great amateur record, over some guy who's starting from scratch, any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Not everyone with a college degree, post graduate degree, or even doctorate, succeeds in the workforce. Many of those people are struggling to find work, while some high school dropout makes millions. Education doesn't guarantee success, not in any way. Yet, only a fool would tell someone: "Forget college, you don't need an education."

There are a lot of variables between fighters. Anything can happen in someone's life. Some people lose motivation. Some can't handle the transition. There are any number of reasons why someone fails at the next level. But, out of the gate, I'll bet my hard-earned cash on the Olympic gold medallist with a great amateur record, over some guy who's starting from scratch, any day of the week.
                  not everyone can adapt the same to a new culture. the "good" life could get in the way of one's career & you hit it on the button that education doesn't guarentee you anything...

Comment

Hey let's conveniently ignore all the great amateur boxers who actually made it in the pros! Ali, Mayweather, Leonard, Ward, Frazier...

Comment

Working...
                    X