Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How comes Americans didn't flame Hopkin's for refusing to do OST?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    You're using the thread title to hide behind the bigger issue. Pathetic!
    Okay, find me the fight where Bernard Hokpins refused to go through OST in order to make the fight happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
      A test that was requested after the contracts were signed and everything was already agreed upon for the fight.
      Whats the difference? An accusation is an accusation. Why not just set the record straight?

Comment

I never said that steroids weren't used back in the 70's and 80's. I said that steroids wasn't a big issue when Holyfield-Tyson took place. Just look at the dates you put in your post of the boxers that were caught. When did all the MLB players get caught? More NFL players are getting caught nowadays. The Olympics have been cracking down on competitors on a wider scale with the progression of testing procedures. Again, I never said nobody was using steroids then, what I'm saying is that now, currently, sports is under the microscope to a higher degree now that more athletes have been popped for PEDs then they were back in '96-'97. It's a simple fact.

None of this means they're anymore prevalent now than they were then. And if it wasn't a big issue why did Tyson ask for Holyfield to submit to steroid testing?

Comment

There's no problem with that, at all. But like I stated before, Hopkins was never requested to submit to random drug testing, be it a decade ago or today. Until somebody asks him to do so and he rejects, then I'll question him especially since he's stated that he'd test before.

I'd rather you provide a link. Or just tell me why the testing didn't happen?

How can it be more clear than pascal in front of the world asking hopkins face to face

Comment

Whats the difference? An accusation is an accusation. Why not just set the record straight?
            Again, I have no problem with just "setting the record straight." Believe it or not, you and I are in agreement on this, but, Hopkins wasn't required to do more than he had to. Do you get it now? He didn't have to go through any extra testing because Pascal never had that put in the contract.

Now, if Pascal did request this of Hopkins and he said "no," than this thread would be viable and the roast session could begin. But that's not what happened.

Comment

Okay, find me the fight where Bernard Hokpins refused to go through OST in order to make the fight happen.

It has nothing to do with if a fight gets made or not, it has to do with the integrity of the sport. Obviously you don;t care about that unless a fighter is specifically asked.

Comment

• Jean Pascal said it best; "Take de TEST!"

Everyone should just take the test.

But people should especially take the test when it's the road block for getting a fight they want signed.

Comment

None of this means they're anymore prevalent now than they were then. And if it wasn't a big issue why did Tyson ask for Holyfield to submit to steroid testing?
                  Wow, you're wrong about that. PEDs has been getting loads of coverage now since BALCO happened. Holyfield himself was even linked to steroids through a pharmacy in '07. Athletes achievements have never been under the microscope as closely as they are now, as they were then. Tyson asked, Holyfield agreed, issue resolved.

Comment

It has nothing to do with if a fight gets made or not, it has to do with the integrity of the sport. Obviously you don;t care about that unless a fighter is specifically asked.
                    What's the title of the thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Jean Pascal said it best; "Take de TEST!"

Everyone should just take the test.

But people should especially take the test when it's the road block for getting a fight they want signed.
                      Stellar post. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X