No announcement yet.

Burns-Vazquez in trouble?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns-Vazquez in trouble?

That's the rumour doing the rounds at the moment. Vazquez unhappy with his purse apparently, not going to fight unless Warren coughs up.

I hope not.

I thought this was settled?

Comment

Didn't we go over this already, and Vazquez signed...

Comment

Isn't this fight in a couple weeks, I think that's something that was brought up before.

Comment

The fights only a few weeks out so I doubt this is true.

All this would have been settled by now.

The contracts were signed a while ago.

Comment

Yeah i thought this was settled?

Comment

Definitely can't be true.

Vazquez signed the contract for the negotiated amount. Pulling out of the fight will be stupid and is sees them reneging on an agreement and face damages in court.

Comment

Definitely can't be true.

Vazquez signed the contract for the negotiated amount. Pulling out of the fight will be stupid and is sees them reneging on an agreement and face damages in court.

Comment

i was hoping for burns to pound this guy, so i don't have to keep watching him fight. vasquez is a very good boxer, but he's awful to watch. burns isn't all that, and has very little power, but at least he's an entertaining fighter.

vasquez via UD if they ever fight. i can see his size and his wierd ass style giving burns problems. they list burns at 5'10. i'm always watching him on streams, but he doesn't look 5'10 to me. vasquez is tall, and has long arms. he's what i call "long."

some men are longer than others

Comment

Tweet from the guy who runs the Boxing Asylum site:

Kurt_Ward28 ‏@************
                    Apparently Vazquez hasn't been paid what he believes he is owed. Expect Warren to blame it on "Visa problems" #boxing

There's a thread on ESB about it as well where that version of events seems to be backed up. Still just rumour though.

Comment

Working...
                    X