No announcement yet.

DeMarco/Molina stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMarco/Molina stoppage

For anyone that was too busy watching Matthysse/Ajose, I found it!

Molina showing his inexperience or his stupidity.

Comment

Ref messed that up. You cant squat below the waist and he was in that position for like 10 seconds and let demarco punch when he should have stopped the action and separated the fighters

Comment

Hehe got 'em coach. I think Molina was expecting another jab and got caught with that straight left. DeMarco let me down tho. He was throwing nothing but head shots when the body was wide opened. He landed 1 body shot and went back to the head where most of the time he was just gracing.

Comment

am I the only one who thinks that he was pulling a Sweet Pea or a Mayweather, just getting real low from punches? The diference is when they do it, they arent hurt and he clearly was but I dont think he was totally out of it.

Still, I tell people this all the time. The Southpaw style is a huge advantage and most guys just dont know how to fight against it. Thats what this was about

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Ref messed that up. You cant squat below the waist and he was in that position for like 10 seconds and let demarco punch when he should have stopped the action and separated the fighters
            Very true. When people said he got stopped, I imagined that he was getting battered on the ropes with a high guard. But, he was basically sitting on the lower rope which left him open to get hit on the top of the head. It's a very disputable stoppage, but Molina didn't do himself any favors. I wonder why the hell he refused to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Hehe got 'em coach. I think Molina was expecting another jab and got caught with that straight left. DeMarco let me down tho. He was throwing nothing but head shots when the body was wide opened. He landed 1 body shot and went back to the head where most of the time he was just gracing.
              The fight only lasted 45 seconds, give him a break lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                The fight only lasted 45 seconds, give him a break lol
                Im a pretty harsh critic bro. Even of those fighters I like. What if the ref had stopped DeMarco from throwing to separate them and the fight continued? DeMarco would've been gassed by the time the first round ended and could've pretty much lost. It just annoys me that these guys don't go to the body enough or at all. There's nothing better than wearing your opponent down to the body then going for the headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Im a pretty harsh critic bro. Even of those fighters I like. What if the ref had stopped DeMarco from throwing to separate them and the fight continued? DeMarco would've been gassed by the time the first round ended and could've pretty much lost. It just annoys me that these guys don't go to the body enough or at all. There's nothing better than wearing your opponent down to the body then going for the headshot.
                  Well he did have a considerable height advantage, which always makes it harder to throw body shots as it'll make him more vulnerable to counters.

Plus, it was only the first round, the feel-out round. The only one that should be criticized is Molina for not being smart enough to take a damn count. He had an Ortiz moment, his brain just froze in there.

Comment

I have no problem with the stoppage, Molina should've went down for the count.

The left DeMArco landed was perfect. perfect timing.

Comment

Working...
                    X