No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Eager To Finalize Deal With James Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Eager To Finalize Deal With James Kirkland

José “Chepo" Reynoso, manager of WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29KOs), has applied the pressure to reach a finalized deal with James Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs) for a pay-per-view showdown on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

First!

Canelo this will be you first true test!!

WARNELLO!

Comment

What true test? The is a handicap

Comment

Looking forward to this fight... If signed..

Comment

Isn't Kirkland coming off some sort of surgery? I think it was his shoulder. Just seems a little too soon to be starting a training camp end of June, early July.

Comment

Originally posted by KhaosReigns1911 View Post
            Isn't Kirkland coming off some sort of surgery? I think it was his shoulder. Just seems a little too soon to be starting a training camp end of June, early July.
            Hes been cleared by doctors,Hes not fighting next month.Still got 3 months
            to go.I hope he accepts this challenge from canelo,He may not get the
            shot again.

Comment

Originally posted by KhaosReigns1911 View Post
              Yeah seems too soon..I hope Kirkland will come in at 100% for fight night.

Comment

That stoppage in Kirklands last fight was a joke, he lost soundly. I think Canelo will give Kirkland a sound beating to be honest. Kirkland is a beast but he is open to be hit all night.

Comment

Jame's if he can survive early can give Canelo a tough fight.

This could turn into a classic.

Comment

i gotta give Canelo props for this fight

first off, i thought a Kirkland showdown would be a fight or two after the Williams fight, should he have kept winning

usually, when a fighter gets pulled from a card like that, promoters like to throw a softie compared to the original fighter, see Ortiz

last, i'm sure they ran it by Canelo and for him to say 'fock it, lets fight kirkland', that gets props from this fight fan

Comment

Working...
                    X