Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Expects Ward To Bend By The Middle Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont really give Froch much of a chance..more of a punchers chance.I got Ward wide ud..hes just a better all around boxer than froch.He will smother froch for much of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post

Tyson, Roy Jones Jr, Ali, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Lennox Lewis... these are once in a life time fighters. They look good and look good VERY often.

Ward wins, but so do 1000s of fighters with a record like his. He's done NOTHING to show that he is an EXCEPTIONAL fighter. Who did he beat and how that makes him so special?

Abraham? Froch beat him better.

Kessler? Calzaghe beat him better.

Those are the only 2 names on his resume that mean anything and Froch exposed Abraham as an inflated middelweight and (I'm getting bored of typing this) the Kessler fight was the most controversial fight of the Super Six. That performance by Ward makes Timothy Bradley look like a clean fighter.
      I respect your opinion, but number one I do not feel the kessler fight was the most controversial fight in the super six, that'd be the Dirrell-Abraham fight in my honest opinion. Also, I really don't feel that it's fair to take credit away from Ward's win over Kessler due to a couple of damn headbutts, that didn't really start happening until the mid to late rounds. How come Kessler was getting his ass kicked and being outclassed before the headbutts happened?...If the headbutts had so much affect on the fight. What I saw was Kessler getting outclassed by a boxer with superior footwork, superior ring control, speed and last but definitely not least, the jab. Kessler was completely confused and absolutely no answer for anything. This is boxing, and in the heat of battle in a high level world championship fight, **** happens, such as headbutts. I mean what are peoples excuses for Kessler when ward was doing a paint job on him with the jab and battering him allover the ring before the headbutts even happened?..I mean seriously, i'm so sick of having this debate with people about all these "intentional headbutts" when there was only about 2 worth of any kind of note. If Kessler was such a good fighter he would of fought through them like a champion is supposed to, not ***** and moan. I could understand if they were consistently happening from round 1-12, and were clearly intentional, hell yea I'd understand but they weren't. Ward deserves full credit for that win. Once I again I respect your opinion, but come on...just my two cents. And also, you cannot be serious if you think if the fight was in Denmark, or anywhere else for that matter, that it'd be much different in the least, period.
      Last edited by Tmann400; 09-05-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X