Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we too harsh on 'quitters' or are some of them inexcusable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
    His shoulder was pretty much gone but I completely understand what you're saying. Having said that what did you think of Ortiz quitting against the smaller Lopez?

Also no one seems to mention McCall loool
    Ahh. Ya. I think the post fight interviews actually have a LOT to do with the perceptions fans form.

I don't know if Vitali was just in shock or something, but if you watch
    Byrd vs Vitali on Youtube? The post-Fight was shocking.
    Vitali was saying quotes like
    "I did not know if I can win enough points'
    "after 3rd round I realize I have trouble fighting southpaws"
    "there was no injury, no wait there was a injury but it had NO EFFECT on the fight'.

He dug himself a deep hole with those comments. As for Ortiz/Lopez, the big issue is that guy quit once already. This time the physical evidence was there, that jaw did look pretty nasty. So I think fans should give him a break there, of course the fact is he did quit before .. lol

Olivier Mccall is a granite chin beast from another universe. Lennox was unloading on Mccall, who just stood there crying and blubbering. Numerous sources cited that he did a lot during the Tyson sparring as well. All Mccall did at times was let Tyson unload and he still was never even hurt.

Mccall without mental issues actually seem like a styles nightmare for a large amount of ATG'S. Granite chin and great 1 punch KO power.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post
      Ahh. Ya. I think the post fight interviews actually have a LOT to do with the perceptions fans form.

I don't know if Vitali was just in shock or something, but if you watch
      Byrd vs Vitali on Youtube? The post-Fight was shocking.
      Vitali was saying quotes like
      "I did not know if I can win enough points'
      "after 3rd round I realize I have trouble fighting southpaws"
      "there was no injury, no wait there was a injury but it had NO EFFECT on the fight'.

He dug himself a deep hole with those comments. As for Ortiz/Lopez, the big issue is that guy quit once already. This time the physical evidence was there, that jaw did look pretty nasty. So I think fans should give him a break there, of course the fact is he did quit before .. lol

Olivier Mccall is a granite chin beast from another universe. Lennox was unloading on Mccall, who just stood there crying and blubbering. Numerous sources cited that he did a lot during the Tyson sparring as well. All Mccall did at times was let Tyson unload and he still was never even hurt.

Mccall without mental issues actually seem like a styles nightmare for a large amount of ATG'S. Granite chin and great 1 punch KO power.
      Hahahaha yeah Vitali did say some odd things but I think i twas the shock of losing, he didn't know how to deal with it.

McCall, man that chin was indestructible but I sometimes can't get over how ridiculous the whole scenario was. That's boxing, expect the unexpected.

Comment

Victor Ortiz' latest quit job should be excused imo, his jaw was severely fractured. But his previous quit job was bad.

Comment

McClellan should've quit earlier than he ended up having to.

I reckon the fan culture about quitting is why he didn't. He knew something was wrong with his head, he was telling his corner.

Being disappointed and angry with a fighter is one thing, but some of the **** people said about Ortiz and Dawson was disgusting.

Comment

It's never right to quit. They should put a surgeon's table by the ring so the fighter's brain hemmorhages can be worked on straight after the final bell.

Comment

ppl are too harsh on them. obviously you can question their fighting ability if they show a lack of heart. but calling them cowards and whatnot isnt fair. nobody who makes a career out of fighting is a coward, nobody.

Comment

Working...
              X