Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Prince Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I picture that happening.

Marquez would box Hamed's ears off and win a wide UD, but I think he gets dropped at least once in the process.

It's one thing to get dropped by Pacman or even an accurate counter puncher like Floyd, but if Alvarado and Katsidis can drop Marquez, I'm sure an awkward power puncher like Hamed can knock Marquez down at least once.

Even an older Barrera dropped Marquez.
    Yeah, I always think of Trinidad with Marquez. Both guys were great and actually had strong chins, but both get dropped against anybody that could punch. I almost think Trinidad wasn't even motivated in a lot of his fights UNTIL he got knocked down. So yes, Naz drops him but ultimately, gets beaten soundly.

Comment

Naz is lucky he never stepped in with that beast.

Comment

Marquez is too smart to get caught with Hamed's unorthodox style

Comment

Originally posted by puro dinamita View Post
          there's a reason hamed ducked marquez his whole career marquez would of done him in ez k.o
          Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          That must be why hamed avoided marquez for 2 years when marquez was his mandatory.

The fans picking JMM have probably never seen Hamed fight or only the Barrera fight. They pick JMM because they don't know shit about Hamed. Prime Hamed would have beat the shit out of all those Mexicans and Pacquiao too.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post

The fans picking JMM have probably never seen Hamed fight or only the Barrera fight. They pick JMM because they don't know shit about Hamed. Prime Hamed would have beat the shit out of all those Mexicans and Pacquiao too.
            What is so great in Hamed he faced 2 good Opponets in Kelley(he was droped 3 times before win) and Barrera (well we saw what happend) ,Nasim was open for counters ,and JMM had timing and skill to punish Hamed in the fight. Hamed was flashy but he is not on lvl of legends like MAB JMM and Morales.

Comment

Barrera won that fight vs Hamed counterpunching him with a orthodox style.

Marquez TKO 11.

Comment

Hahahahahaha you are a bad joke

Comment

Prime for prime Naz wins in a close fight. He might well KO Marquez though but if it goes to points it's a 7-5 type of close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Barrera won that fight vs Hamed counterpunching him with a orthodox style.

Marquez TKO 11.
                    TKO lol...Hamed was never hurt in any fight, he was only ever caught off balance.

Comment

I've seen most of hameds fights...and you're high. The fact that he quit boxing altogether after the barrera fight speaks volumes how much of a front runner he was. The 3 amigos and pac were all fighters through and through.

Comment

Working...
                      X