No announcement yet.

Who else agrees that Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else agrees that Pedraza

is a better, has more potential and ends up being better than veredjo? Why arent ricans begin him?
    Sniper is hugely underrated and under Verdejos shadow.

Only thing Verdejo has over him is speed and power. Pedraza has him on boxing IQ, versatility, adjustment ability, head movement, feet movement, punch variation, jab and ring smarts.

Comment

Besides Calderon? Me.

Comment

Klimov would have gave Verdejo the business tonight. Verdejo just isn't ready for the top lightweights yet. He's still young. In a couple years he'll be there.

Comment

Pedraza's huge for his weight class too.

I'm sure he'll go on to win a belt at 135 in year or two. Dude's the goods.

His bodyshots are wicked and i like the way he turns orthodox when he wants to turn it up.

Comment

He could be , but why wasn't this #1 Jose Pedraza vs #3 Francisco Vargas , since #2 has no visa to travel , why was this #1 vs #7 for the belt?

Comment

He is greatly under rated but he will catch on soon!

Comment

I've been following Pedraza since the Beijing olympics. Saw him get the subchampionship at the World's and saw him get centralamerican gold. I remember seeing Pedraza vs Gil Garcia and even though he dominated the smaller fighter, he was letting Garcia get close enough to put some combinations in, so I thought to myself, well he will probably fold against the first good pressure fighter he faces.

Well, he proved me wrong against Farenas, and now he has put on the most dominant one sided, 12 round decision win Ive seen from a puerto rican since Calderon vs Dieppa, back in 2008.

Why doesnt he have the following Verdejo does? It might be better promotion on Verdejo's party. Might more punching power that Verdejo has for a spoiled post Trinidad puerto rican crowd.

Might even be cause Pedraza is a white puerto rican and Verdejo is a trigueño.

Im just kidding with that last one.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  So what was the reason this wasn't Francisco Vargas vs Jose Pedraza? Why did the IBF when with the #7 guy in Andrey Klimov?

Yea they did Vargas dirty. He's probably going to get a shot at Martinez's WBO belt though.

Comment

Both are very good, Verdejo's definitely better though imo

Comment

Working...
                    X