No announcement yet.

American Robberies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Robberies

It's really hypocritical to see American promoters enraged at the Pascal/Hopkins result. First of all, I think a draw was fair. And a draw can never be a robbery, robbery would have been if Pascal won. But Pascal didn't win. It was a draw.

Not to mention the COUNTLESS times that foreign fighters get robbed in USA.

What are some robberies that have occurred in USA? Where American fighters have been given gift decisions against foreign fighters?

In recent memory:

1) Devon Alexander W 12 Andriy Kotelnik (Highway robbery if Ive ever seen one. Alexander was lucky to win a maximum 4 rounds. Somehow he won the fight. Alexander was schooled and Kotlenik gave him a boxing lesson. Serious robbery right here)

2) Mike Jones W 10 Jesus Soto Karass (Mexican clearly wins the fight about 7 rounds to 3, only to get jobbed by an American hypejob. Expect Mike Jones to get KO'd if he steps it up another level, by the way)

3) Sergio Martinez D 12 Kermit Cintron (Bizarre result sees an easy win for Martinez, including knockdowns, somehow turned into a draw result. Bizarre officiating to rip off an Argentinean against a US fighter)

Alltime:

De La Hoya W 12 Sturm
    Mayweather W 12 Castillo I
    Williams W 12 Martinez I (Thought Martinez won)
    Cloud W 12 Johnson (Thought Johnson won)

I know there is a lot more so keep them coming!

What are the American robberies that have occurred to foreign fighters in USA?
    Last edited by Who are you?; 12-20-2010, 09:15 AM.

martinez vs cintron is probably the worst

Comment

Lewis-Holfyfield I, they gave Holyfield the draw just to keep the heavyweight title in America that little bit longer.

Comment

USA robberies:

Lewis - Holyfield I
        Meehan - Brewster
        Santa Cruz - Casamayor
        Sturm - De La Hoya
        Briggs - Foreman
        Castillo - Mayweather I
        Martinez - Cintron
        John - Juarez I
        Kotelnik - Alexander

plus many, many more.

And there's been a lot of shady refereeing by Joe Cortez, Jack Reiss and Lawrence Cole.

Comment

Malignaggi Vs Diaz I

Comment

There have been loads of robberies in the US, by refs and judges.

Hopkins wasn't even going to complain, he looked relieved to be getting a draw, but that interviewer egged him on to do it. These obstinate old white middle-aged men in US boxing have a lot to answer for.

It wasn't a robbery anyway, there's just so many Americans telling each other it was that they think that if enough people say it then it becomes the truth.

It was a close fight, ended a draw on each judges card except the American judge. They should suck it up, move on and be glad the referee didn't influence it in the ring like what happens in the US or B-Hop would've been KO'd early.

Comment

I think it shouldn't happen when the fight is of such magnitude.but all promoters fix fights.Fuckin' Top Rank does it all the time.

Comment

robberies happen all the time....

Comment

Kotelnik should have got the decision against alexander.it wasnt a blatant robbery though,and neither was hopkins/pascal,for blatant robberies germany is the place too go

Comment

Its because Americans are Hypocrites, from the fans to the bigwigs at the cable stations.

Look at the Kotelnik fight and Haruld (old senile) Ledermans scorecard (according to HBO most respected scorer in Boxing lol)

I bet you any money that if Kotelnik was American and Devon was from Europe that the scores wouldve been the other way around and it wouldve been a huge "outrage".

This is typical of america, they stick their nose into everyones business while being the laughing stock of the whole world and when 1 thing doesnt go their way its a "OUTRAGE"

How about the number of times EU/MX/PR fighters got Robbed in America? I bet you way more than the other way around. Face it in America there is corruption and bribery (Im Fair But im Firm$$$$ Cortez).

Theres a reason all your "talented young fighters" cant fill a bus to watch their fight and have to travel around the world to fight.

You americans want everything dont you? Dont worry I'm sure the Showtime execs will throw more money to the ref's and judges the next fight so it doesnt happen again.

Where was all this outrage from Americans when Kotelnik got robbed. This wasnt a robberry it was a close fight by a fighter with a history of being a dirty crusty crackhead fighter who does anything to win while the refs look the other way.

If BHOP is such a legend how come none of you Yankees watch him fight and he has to fight in Canada and Indian Reservations?

America, we are hypocrites in everything! Not just Boxing!

Comment

Working...
                    X