Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is there robberies on fight night round 4 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is there robberies on fight night round 4 ?

Middleweight fight ranked online. So I pick mosley. And the dude im against quickly changes his choice to ray robinson before I can do anything.. b!tch move..

Long story short this goes to a split decision.. no knockdowns or point deductions.

I land 490/793

he lands 340/648

1 judge gives to me 98-92

2 other judges give him 96-94

teddy atlas made comment at end about them getting licenses revoked lol..

I just confused if I missed something here?? or did they want this to be so realistic to real boxing that they wanted robberies on here???

my 1st loss online, this guy was ranked 87th on xbox live when I checked. And I boxed his ears off. I wasnt even ranked yet, handt played alot online yet. I am now 15-1... lame.

Originally posted by robjr View Post
    Middleweight fight ranked online. So I pick mosley. And the dude im against quickly changes his choice to ray robinson before I can do anything.. b!tch move..

Long story short this goes to a split decision.. no knockdowns or point deductions.

I land 490/793

he lands 340/648

1 judge gives to me 98-92

2 other judges give him 96-94

teddy atlas made comment at end about them getting licenses revoked lol..

I just confused if I missed something here?? or did they want this to be so realistic to real boxing that they wanted robberies on here???

my 1st loss online, this guy was ranked 87th on xbox live when I checked. And I boxed his ears off. I wasnt even ranked yet, handt played alot online yet. I am now 15-1... lame.
    [IMG]http://rumblepack.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/smells_like_bull****.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by RiΖO View Post
      [IMG]http://rumblepack.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/smells_like_bull****.jpg[/IMG]
      ya bro it stinks bad. but im tellin the truth.. I had no idea they made the game this way. realistic yes.. but why do they have to do it on a video game?? its numbers for god sake.. a computer can read numbers.. right?

Comment

I've fought 300-something online fights and never had a bad decision like that, lol so I guess you just got unlucky. I've had a few fights that I knew I lost, but thought I won more rounds than I did in the end.

Also, posting the punch stats isn't the whole story of the fight, so it's impossible to say. It's not like it's a program that simply reads who landed more punches, there is more involved than just that.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          I've fought 300-something online fights and never had a bad decision like that, lol so I guess you just got unlucky. I've had a few fights that I knew I lost, but thought I won more rounds than I did in the end.

Also, posting the punch stats isn't the whole story of the fight, so it's impossible to say. It's not like it's a program that simply reads who landed more punches, there is more involved than just that.
          yea, the decisions seem to be alot more random on here though. fnr3 it was quite basic and the obvious winner won. There is alot of random judge scores on this..

still though. I landed 150 more punches.. ridiculous..

Comment

I have over 200 fights online and triple that with friends chilling. I have never seen something that crazy. I have seen some crazy scores but not with the stats you gave. There has to be something more to it.

But from what I gather the 3 judges have all been calibrated slightly differently to give higher importance to different aspects of the game. *Note this only comes into affect in relatively close rounds.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect %.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect volume.

1 Ref: I don't know what the last gives highest importance to.

I have noticed this most when playing one particular friend with whom we have very distinct differing styles and usually 2 ref's give fairly wide variances in score

Ref 1 has Me up 7-5 or 8-4 other has it 7-5 or 8-4 exact opposite.

My friend is a back peddler with low output since he looks to counter with back steps, counter my jabs as I come in and move out of the way for the most part. He lands at a much higher percentage than me.

However I land at a much higher volume and do more damage since I am a better in-fighter and also land more haymakers and counters when we get inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
              I have over 200 fights online and triple that with friends chilling. I have never seen something that crazy. I have seen some crazy scores but not with the stats you gave. There has to be something more to it.

But from what I gather the 3 judges have all been calibrated slightly differently to give higher importance to different aspects of the game. *Note this only comes into affect in relatively close rounds.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect %.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect volume.

1 Ref: I don't know what the last gives highest importance to.

I have noticed this most when playing one particular friend with whom we have very distinct differing styles and usually 2 ref's give fairly wide variances in score

Ref 1 has Me up 7-5 or 8-4 other has it 7-5 or 8-4 exact opposite.

My friend is a back peddler with low output since he looks to counter with back steps, counter my jabs as I come in and move out of the way for the most part. He lands at a much higher percentage than me.

However I land at a much higher volume and do more damage since I am a better in-fighter and also land more haymakers and counters when we get inside.

dude i honestly should of took pics of this so yall could see it to believe it. i speak the truth

Comment

lol i never had 1 of those...the rounds are won pretty clearly wen i fight

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
                  lol i never had 1 of those...the rounds are won pretty clearly wen i fight
                  I'm stealing your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
                    dude i honestly should of took pics of this so yall could see it to believe it. i speak the truth
                    Dude you've been posting on BS long enough that I truly do believe. I'm just saying that I've never seen that type of scenario. Like I said the farthest discrepancies I've seen in judges scores has been between a busier higher landing volume and lower connect % against a lower volume higher connect %.

Which is kinda understandable and I'm cool with that. I just never seen a guy land better connect % and higher volume and lose the rounds.

More details would help in trying to de-engineer their scores i.e. were there multiple points where someone was dazed? Also sometimes you can lose 3 relatively close rounds but Clearly win 2 rounds and that can skew overall punch stat numbers.

i.e. Round 1 Fighter A lands 8-12 Fighter B lands 5-10
                    Round 2 Fighter A lands 9-10 Fighter B lands 6-8
                    Round 3 Fighter A lands 6-14 Fighter B lands 15-18

In this scenario if we were given just the overall punch stats of Fighter A landed 23/36 and Fighter B landed 26/36 we would say it was a robbery. But if broken down by round it would make sense why Fighter A won.

Mind you this isn't even adding in other factors such as types of shots thrown, damage done or if a fighter was dazed or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X