Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it's really great we shot those pirates in the head!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....A land attack should follow tomake sure they really really get the message.

Report: U.S. Considers Attacks on Somali Pirates' Land Bases

Monday, April 13, 2009

* Print
    * ShareThis

Defense officials said the U.S. military is considering attacks on Somali pirate bases on land and aid for the people there to help stop the hijacking of ships off Africa's coast, Bloomberg.com reported.

The plan would include helping Somalia create their own coast guard and train security forces, the officials, who requested anonymity, told Bloomberg.com.

Officials said the plan would be submitted to the Obama administration as they decide how best to tackle the increase in pirate attacks off the Somali coast.

The only way to make shipping routes safe from pirates would be to disrupt their support network on land, security analysts have said.

Any actions against the pirates, defense officials said, would require the support of the Somali people, who are usually not in favor of foreign intervention.

Comment

Good move.

I was beginning to think they were going to try to talk peacefully with those animals and sing kumbaya around a fire on the coast of Somalia.

Comment

i 100% agree and i'm real liberal lefty ...

Comment

The thought of the Somalian coast guard makes me chuckle.

While I'm glad we dealt with that **** quickly instead of ignoring it like in the past, at the same time there is a root cause... and that's people raping the waters off of Africa when they aren't allowed.

They're fishing in their waters and making the local fisherman struggle even moreso. I'm not advocating piracy as a means to an end, but they have their reasons.

Comment

been awhile since i agreed with Mizzou.....

Comment

The chinese and the indians were fishing in their waters so now the fishes are not as abundant as before so they went from fishermen to pirates, so they should have only attacked those ships.

Comment

I can't wait until North Korea nukes our asses into Kingdom Come.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
                  I can't wait until North Korea nukes our asses into Kingdom Come.
                  i'll show you kingdom come

Comment

NO, not the pirates!

Comment

Working...
                    X