Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roy Jones Jr Always Have Relatively Low Punch Resistance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

punch resistance is such a stupid word, I guess fighters like marvin hagler, muhammed ali, and george chuvalo had mountains of it.

You either can take a good punch or you cant, and it doesnt matter sometimes, you get hit with something you dont see coming you will get KTFO.

Comment

the 3 ko's were from punches roy didn't see.

and yes i reckon his chin was always bad...i remember in the 1st round of the ruiz fight, his legs went for a bit when ruiz caught him with a short right hand (same spot that green caught him)

SEE 4min 12 sec mark of clip:

Comment

He just got whooped. Keep talking **** boys, he's shot blah blah blah. He was taken out too soon in the fight for your excuses.

Comment

His left hand was down, his usual arrogant stance...ofcourse he'll run into a punch sooner or later..Greens camp had a gameplan and realized that they could take advantage of RJJ's style...left hand down...throw a right hand bomb and bye bye RJJ

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            playing with your weight, eventualy coming in weight drained, has a toll on the body foo'
            Yes i agree. Fighting at heavyweight and then coming down again, not used to fighting speedy guys again. And he would have been hit more by littler guys because his reflexes had slowed from coming down.
            So its a combination of weak chin and the weight playing.

Comment

I think that in his prime have a desent chin, and in his prime was the ATG

Comment

Working...
              X