No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: There is Fear in Nathan Cleverly's Eyes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: There is Fear in Nathan Cleverly's Eyes

After the endless press conferences and slanging matches, the contracts are finally signed. WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly and challenger Tony Bellew can now disappear from the limelight and prepare for what has become the most talked about domestic clash of 2011.

[Click Here To Read More]

I've got Cleverly by stoppage, i don't think he will have much respect for Bellew on fight night

Comment

i aree with the "chavvie" to use a term that comes from gypsy language.
      cleverley to bust up that silly scouse **** before ref saves him or ko.
      rnd 7. no longer than that because scousers s.h.i.t. out whenever their getting pounded all over the place.
      its not "chav" its "chavvie".

Comment

Whilst Bellew is right about a few things e.g. Cleverly currently being nowhere near ready for a Hopkins or Dawson - he has plenty to learn first and especially needs to prove he can fight with discipline and a game plan - be versatile and adaptable and more than anything needs to tighten his D.

By the same token - Cleverly has far, far greater talent and you feel that he can address this things and move forward and evolve into an elite fighter.

Bellew on the other hand way overrates his own ability. Things like - I'm harder to hit than Mohameddi. Come on!

And fear in Cleverly's eyes - are we back in school. Cleverly chose this fight, he wants it and was prepared to go into Bellew's back yard to do so.

Bellew has a chance - but that is only because Cleverly still fights immaturely.

He will never become an elite fighter until his brains and not his heart are used.

It is what separates the good from the elite and Joe had to use his brains once he stepped up with the likes of Kessler and Hopkins.

Cleverly can forget any hope of a fight with Hopkins next if he fights with the slack defence type way he has in the past. Hopkins wouldn't want to risk the grief he'd get for fighting somebody that looks levels below him fighting that way.

Cleverly needs to look - slick, with a tight D and World class if he wants any chance of Hopkins next. Not a glorified slugger.

Bellew on the other hand - it'll be interesting to see ho he handles the PRESSURE. He's TALKED BIG and there are now 10,000 Scousers as he likes to remind us expecting big things from him and expecting him to deliver.

If he FAILS - he's let them all down. He can say what he likes about just another fight but it isn't. It's a World Title Fight and he's never had that kind of exposure before and he's raised expectations massively.

He has to walk the streets of Liverpool after, after promising so much.

You never know how a fighter will handle the pressure - it can happen fight wk, at the last Press Conference, at the Weigh-in, sometimes it won't even dawn on a fighter till the Ring Walk.

Of course Bellew is going to say - he loves it and it's just another fight blah, blah, blah. But he doesn't know how he'll handle it yet. It's way above anything he's had to deal with yet and he's brought all this pressure on himself.

Bellew's brought this huge pressure on himself with his mouth, raising a lot of people's hopes. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with it.

Comment

Working...
        X