Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo View Post
      Lennox Lewis largest career payday at that time was $1 million to face Razor Ruddock whom he beat in a final eliminator. The WBC gave undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World Riddick Bowe 90 days, to agree a fight with their No1 contender Lennox Lewis or be stripped of their belt.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-07-...1_lennox-lewis

Riddick Bowe tried to make the bout with Lewis, but the Lewis team was insisting on options on Bowe's next 5 fights (pricing themselves out) should they lose to Bowe.. 2 days before Bowe was to be stripped of his WBC belt, Bowe dumped the belt in the trash-can saying, "Up you" to the WBC.. Lewis knew that if he dragged it out without agreeing to face Bowe, that Bowe would be stripped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

What are your thoughts on this.
      People don't realize that Lewis was not a major force back then. He looked poor and uncomplete. Bowe was far superior around that time and would have out classed the sloppy Lewis.
      Lewis hid behind the WBC. Amazing the Lewis lie lasted so long.

Comment

Sonnyboy really hates Lewis. I mean, to stop posting for like 3 yrs, then come back with some rants about Lewis again, shows he really, really fcking hates the guy.

I honestly would love to know why.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
          Sonnyboy really hates Lewis. I mean, to stop posting for like 3 yrs, then come back with some rants about Lewis again, shows he really, really fcking hates the guy.

I honestly would love to know why.
          Because Lewis smashed Tyson up good.

Comment

Working...
          X