No announcement yet.

Ike Quartey vs Oscar De La Hoya.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    Yea look at them in that fight. Oscar when he was injected himself did better in the rematch, Oscar who was injecting himself stopped a juiced up Vargas...Oscar had more money so he could afford the good stuff.

It's OK, Oscar cheated, won't let us know exactly what he took since he refuses to sign the waiver. But, whatever it is what it is.
    Oscar didnt need any of that ****e he deserved the nod against Mosely in the rematch and schooled Vargas, dont overestimate what this gear can actually do for a fighter, the stuff Vargas took is primarily to cut fat (he was never the most chisled fighter) didnt exactly help his boxing that night did it?

Oscar deserved the fight v Quarty also, the desision was on the line and he went out for the 12th like a man posessed

Comment

Quartey.

De La Hoya spent too many rounds doing nothing, and did not win 6 rounds. Not that Quartey was doing much either, but he was doing more than DLH.

Extremely overrated fight BTW. 2 exciting rounds and 10 rounds of way too much posing.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        since i believe that fight was a robbery, and de la hoya refused to give quartey a rematch, lets settle this **** once and for all. Who did you guys have winning the fight?
        it was the biggest rip-off in sports at its time. Anyone who says delahoya won that fight didnt watch it

Comment

What 6 rounds did Oscar win?

Comment

Originally posted by tenpoint View Post
            I thought Oscar Barely pulled it out.
            Yup. Here is an old scorecard I had:

1 - DLH
            2- DLH
            3- IQ
            4- DLH
            5- DLH
            6-IQ
            7-IQ
            8- IQ
            9- IQ
            10- DLH
            11- Even
            12- DLH 10-8

Comment

I recall thinking Oscar won a very close fight (close enough where i didnt know what was gunna happen) I saw that with family and was younger and a few people thought it was a robbery, others thought draw, and others for Oscar. I haven't seen that fight in a long long time. Maybe I'd see it differently since i feel I have a better eye now.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                Did the boxing gods also inject Mosley with PEDs without him knowing?
                No, the boxing Gods punished Mosley by having him knocked around by Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                  Quartey.

De La Hoya spent too many rounds doing nothing, and did not win 6 rounds. Not that Quartey was doing much either, but he was doing more than DLH.

Extremely overrated fight BTW. 2 exciting rounds and 10 rounds of way too much posing.
                  I agree word for word. I cannot see how anyone could possibly score that fight for Oscar, it's insanity to me.

Comment

Just watched it again

Oscar won rounds 1-3, 10, 12 (10-8)
                    Quartey took round 4-9, 11

That makes it a draw. Round 2 could have gone for Quartey.

Comment

Oscar won this one in very close fight. Could have gone either way but the 12th probably won him.

Comment

Working...
                      X