No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rigondeaux Deny The Claims on Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
    What's up brother...whom do you Rigo fighting nexf..they said february 3 I guess..
    Wassup, man. Last I heard was February, but no date.

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
      Donaire said he was willing to fight Rigondeaux. I dont get your hate for Donaire acting as if he's "ducking". In his most recent interviews he said bring on both Rigo and Mares.

As for Rigo beating Mares, that was in the amateurs my friends. The pro's and am's are completely different. Mares never beat any legit 122lbers before but his resume is still better then Rigondeaux's... Hands down.

I respect Guillermo and believe he is a great boxer but lets not over exaggerate and pretend like his has a great resume. Donaire's and Mare's resume both shit on Rigo's... Easy!

You shouldn't be upset that Donaire is "ducking" Rigo... You should be mad that Rigo's people arent managing the guy properly. He should be fighting 3-4x a year just to get his name out, even if the competition is inferior (not like its not anyways).

I still want to see Donaire fight Rigo but if people say that he doesnt deserve it then I wouldn't disagree... 11 fights against cab drivers is nothing to brag about.
      Canelo said he wanted to fight Kirkland and paul Williams and he end up fighting josesito lopez...Rigo is set to fight in february..his team is doing why they can to hqve nonito to fght him but Donaire don't sign...he said bring them but he don't sign...soon will be not time for the building..

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Wassup, man. Last I heard was February, but no date.
        I believe that nonito won't sign for the fight so..whom you think Rigo will fight in february.?..

Comment

Canelo said he wanted to fight Kirkland and paul Williams and he end up fighting josesito lopez...Rigo is set to fight in february..his team is doing why they can to hqve nonito to fght him but Donaire don't sign...he said bring them but he don't sign...soon will be not time for the building..
          Kirkland was the one who backed out against Canelo and PWill got into the motorcycle accident. After those 2, Canelo was scheduled to fight Vic but he lost and got his jaw busted... So the next best thing out there was Josesito at that particular time. So that theory is debunked.

Rigo is just talking to get some press coverage but of course Donaire didnt sign.... Maybe there wasnt even an actual contract presented? Stop acting as if there were contracts in place for the fight and Donaire turned em down. Unless you have a legit source of a contract on the table for both guys... Dont talk about "signing" it.

Comment

Rigondeaux' resume might be the best resume of any fighter with only 11 fights... But his resume is complete garbage compared to Donaire's. Rigondeaux is a terrific boxer and will be a big threat to Nonito but let's be real here, Donaire's 4 fights at 122 ****s on Rigo's 11 pro fights.

People complain about Arce/Nishioka/Mathebula/Vasquez Jr... But those 4 at 122 are better then Ramos/Cordoba/Kennedy/Marroquin. I do believe Guillermo deserves a shot at Nonito but lets not pretend Donaire has fought nobodies... He just made them look like nobodies... While Rigondeaux on the other hand actually fought nobodies and... Well, made em look like nobodies.

I believe Mares deserves a shot at Nonito more then Rigondeaux does cause of his accomplishments as a pro but stylistically, Rigondeaux is the biggest threat to Donaire at 122. In the end I have Nonito knocking out Mares and beating Guillermo by a boring UD.
            There's no doubt that Nonito's resume trumps Rigo's. How could it not? He has 32 pro fights; Guille has eleven. Donaire is a recognized star; Rigo is not. And although it can't be argued for a moment that Donaire hasn't fought the better opposition, Rigondeaux's last five opponents have a combined record of 107-4. "El Chacal" isn't exactly taking the easy road to the top.

Nonito has beaten better opponents than say, Cordoba (who is no "cab driver", by the way); but Rigo beat Ricardo in only his seventh pro bout. In his seventh fight, Donaire was taking on Mark Sales (7-16); in his seventeenth, Nonito UDed Oscar Andrade (35-27). Donaire has come a long way. Guillermo is seeking to cover the same ground faster.

Rigondeaux is a special case in almost every way. He's a 32 year-old rookie pro whose reputation is almost entirely based on a legendary amateur career. Guillermo is so intriguing that the noise for this "glorified amateur" to fight one of the P4P stars of the sport is growing by the day. What other boxer with as many fights can you even hallucinate of taking on Donaire in only his twelfth professional outing? That in itself speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
              **** the knowledge...the fact of the matter is that Rigo needs to earn a fight with Nonito. You can't demand a fight with the best when you only have 11 fights in your career. Even Chavez, Jr. gets more credit than this kid. You're just hating because you're Cuban and are being biased in favor of your Cuban fighters. That's why Gamboa is gonna get KTFO next year. The only fighter that is worthy of mentioning in your list is ummm nobody yet. Gamboa sucked on his return and needs to get off 50's nuts, Santana is still a prospect, Rigo still has a lonnngggg way to go before being worthy of a mention, Lara has gotten robbed, and Kid Chocolate will get owned as soon as he faces real competition (he tires out in the second half of fights).
              Dude you're the one who's really being bias. Gamboa came back from a 15 month layoff. Did you expect him to look like he just had a fight 5 months prior??? Ring is #1... Nonito need to fight him ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                There's no doubt that Nonito's resume trumps Rigo's. How could it not? He has 32 pro fights; Guille has eleven. Donaire is a recognized star; Rigo is not. And although it can't be argued for a moment that Donaire hasn't fought the better opposition, Rigondeaux's last five opponents have a combined record of 107-4. "El Chacal" isn't exactly taking the easy road to the top.

Nonito has beaten better opponents than say, Cordoba (who is no "cab driver", by the way); but Rigo beat Ricardo in only his seventh pro bout. In his seventh fight, Donaire was taking on Mark Sales (7-16); in his seventeenth, Nonito UDed Oscar Andrade (35-27). Donaire has come a long way. Guillermo is seeking to cover the same ground faster.

Rigondeaux is a special case in almost every way. He's a 32 year-old rookie pro whose reputation is almost entirely based on a legendary amateur career. Guillermo is so intriguing that the noise for this "glorified amateur" to fight one of the P4P stars of the sport is growing by the day. What other boxer with as many fights can you even hallucinate of taking on Donaire in only his twelfth professional outing? That in itself speaks volumes.
                And also the ones he is fighting never fought top competition...( vasquez jr and mathebula) he alredy fought two top ten and he is a belt holder..what make them more deserving of the fight?

Comment

Bro..I don't know what to say...vasquez jr never fought a top 10..he had no belt and he was coming for a KO loss against old fart arce..he deserved the fight for Donaire..mathebula only once fought a top ten and he loss..he deserved a fight with Donaire...Arce was way past his prime..about to retire..just quit in his last figth..he deserve Donaire shot..Rigo is undefeated WBA champion..defeated 2 top 10.. more than then soo..why not..Mares have better resume @ 118...his resume @ 122 is non existing...
                  Vasquez was ranked in the top 10 by the WBO and RING. Mathebula beat Takalani for the IBF strap and arguable beat Celestino Caballero when they fought. Nishioka is the undisputed number 1 ranked Jr Featherweight almost on every writers rankings. Arce was a "freebie" but even though he still beat WV2 at 122. Say what you want but almost ANYONE who follows boxing, will say those 4 fighters are better then the 11 fights Rigo has.

If we include Donaire's resume in at 118, 115 and 112 then Guillermo is absolute nobody compared to Nonito, resume wise. As for Mares, Mares still has fought better opponents then Rigo. Moreno/Vic/Agbeko are all better victories then anything Rigo has gotten so far.

I dont know what you're really arguing. Clearly you're sticking up for Rigo out of Cuban Pride which is fine. But dont be delusional. Rigo is a great boxer and he will have his chance to prove it but as of right now Mares has a better resume then he does. Rigo will get his shot and when he does, dont make excuses when Nonito knocks his block off.

Comment

I believe that nonito won't sign for the fight so..whom you think Rigo will fight in february.?..
                    lol I believe Donaire will fight either Mares (if allowed) or Rigo, like he said. I think he's very confident, and rightfully so. The kid is very good and his reputation is growing.

Before the Poonsawat fight was announced, there was a thread asking who we would like to see Guillermo fight next. I think I was one of two people that named Poon. My wish came true, but the rest is (sad) history. If I had my choice this time, my first pick would be Mijares, followed by Mares (a long-shot) and then Darchinyan.

I would like to see Rigo fight at least one, preferably two, good fighters before taking on Nonito. There aren't too many good names left to choose from in the division. Donaire retired two of them.

Comment

Vasquez was ranked in the top 10 by the WBO and RING. Mathebula beat Takalani for the IBF strap and arguable beat Celestino Caballero when they fought. Nishioka is the undisputed number 1 ranked Jr Featherweight almost on every writers rankings. Arce was a "freebie" but even though he still beat WV2 at 122. Say what you want but almost ANYONE who follows boxing, will say those 4 fighters are better then the 11 fights Rigo has.

If we include Donaire's resume in at 118, 115 and 112 then Guillermo is absolute nobody compared to Nonito, resume wise. As for Mares, Mares still has fought better opponents then Rigo. Moreno/Vic/Agbeko are all better victories then anything Rigo has gotten so far.

I dont know what you're really arguing. Clearly you're sticking up for Rigo out of Cuban Pride which is fine. But dont be delusional. Rigo is a great boxer and he will have his chance to prove it but as of right now Mares has a better resume then he does. Rigo will get his shot and when he does, dont make excuses when Nonito knocks his block off.
                      Read the post again and reply....

Comment

Working...
                      X