Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares?

Comment

it's really close but i think hopkins edges it due to the fact that he's 47 and STILL fighting top-level guys.

Comment

Hopkin's all day. He was fearless and took on anybody that thought they were better than him, he still has that mentality. Floyd on the other hand was criticised for ducking slick southpaw Joel Casamayor back when they were both champs at 130 (floyd did not fight 1 southpaw when he was champ at 130 or 135). He was also criticised for taking a vacation when Cotto and Margarito were on top of the 147 pound division. Hopkin's fears no one, never has never will.

Comment

Mayweather, and it's not that close.

Comment

Mayweather Jr does. It took me 2 seconds to think about it after reading the title.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Sorry about the typo. Hopkins had 20 successful defenses at 160. Floyd was great at 130 with 8 defenses but never really ruled any other weight class. To be a great champion you have to defend your tittle more than once a year and not retire until you need some money.
              Right, nobody can match 20 defenses including wins over Trinidad, Keith Holmes, Echols, the super-masterclass boxer Glen Johnson, and a bunch of guys who I, and history, have completely forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                Hopkin's all day. He was fearless and took on anybody that thought they were better than him, he still has that mentality. Floyd on the other hand was criticised for ducking slick southpaw Joel Casamayor back when they were both champs at 130 (floyd did not fight 1 southpaw when he was champ at 130 or 135). He was also criticised for taking a vacation when Cotto and Margarito were on top of the 147 pound division. Hopkin's fears no one, never has never will.
                I remember Hopkins ducking Jones.

Comment

Id give it to BH. Took on as many as he could and didnt blatantly duck like Floyd does. BH would feel embarassed about blatanly ducking and diving like Floyd.

Floyd has JMM on his resume but....a name but a shell of what JMM was in the lower weight having not acclimatised correctly. FLoyd wont step up to fight Sergio at the drop of the hat though.

Comment

the problem with this poll is some weird deranged floyd fans have 3-4 accounts to agree with themselves in arguments. Hopkins really doesn't have idiot no life fans like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                      Right, nobody can match 20 defenses including wins over Trinidad, Keith Holmes, Echols, the super-masterclass boxer Glen Johnson, and a bunch of guys who I, and history, have completely forgotten about.
                      that's fine you only know all time greats. Boxing needs uninformed casual observers to but Plenty of fans remember who the good contenders were. especially those of us who actually watched boxing during that time. There are 1000's of good fighters who never became famous. Doesn't mean they didn't have their day.There is local glory in even a state title and it's a fine line between being great and being forgotten about and talked down to by idiots

Comment

Working...
                      X