The top 5 reasons Vitaly doesn't belong in the HOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top 5 reasons Vitaly doesn't belong in the HOF

1. Has a very weak resume.

2. Linked to steroid usage as an amateur.

3. Only had 1 defense as Ring champion, every other title was paper as we all know his brother is the real champion.

4. Shamelessly ducked a rematch with Chris Byrd.

5. NEVER beat the top guy in his division.

5 guys who Vitali was "suppose" to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      5 guys who Vitali was "suppose" to fight?
      All you need to do is look at the rankings through the years. Rahman, Ruiz, Holyfield, Toney, Tua, Golota, Brewster, Valuev, Chagaev, Thompson and of course a Byrd rematch to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        Nah, come on. I'm not really following HOF and it's inductions all that close but I know there are loads of less accomplished and not as good ability and skile wise fighters in there.

There are certainly guys who don't belong in the Hall, does that mean we should just keep adding to it? Two wrongs will never make a right. Vitaly would be competitive in any era I believe, but his career has been a waste of soft comp, cherry picking and never beating the best fighter in his division.

Comment

Edit: And you should really take off that avatar if you want to be taken seriously while making anti-Vitaly topic .
          I didn't put the avi there my friend, but its irrelevant. If a person cant get past the visual to distinguish the facts they're probably not that bright to begin with. And this isnt "anti-Vitaly", there has just been a lot of talk of his retirement and this will be coming up soon enough. How can I be "anti" when I think he'd be a top fighter in any era?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            All you need to do is look at the rankings through the years. Rahman, Ruiz, Holyfield, Toney, Tua, Golota, Brewster, Valuev, Chagaev, Thompson and of course a Byrd rematch to name a few.
            Why would Vitali duck a rematch against a guy he was soundly beating before he was injured?

Holyfield has been shot since the early 2000's.

James Toney was a never been at heavyweight. He had a slight buzz during his Rahman and Peter bouts, but that was it. Nothing there.

Golota- self explanatory.

Ruiz - nothing there. Self explanatory.

Rahman - Hasn't been anything significant since the late 90's. Had a little buzz with his victory over Lewis, but that's been about it.

Thompson, Tua, Chagaev, Brewster and Valuev are descent opponents that I think Vitali all beats except maybe Valuev.... Vitali probably could've found a way to fight these guys, but I think his decision to fight Adamek, Sollis, Johnson, Arreola, Peter, Sanders, Johnson and Lewis were much better choices.

Either way, I wish the Valuev fight would've happened and still does.
            Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Actually, if they made certain rules and standards for HOF inductions, it wouldn't be right to now just turn it around completely. I'd like them to start all over again from 0 and make it much more difficult for fighters to get there, but if they want to continue with what they have now, they can't just limit the number of inductions as it wouldn't be fair and clear without removing some non-deserving guys from the past what is just unthinkable.
              I have to respectfully disagree. There are guys who certainly don't belong, but they don't deserve to have their honors rescinded even if they were not worthy to begin with. You can't un-ring q bell, but you can fix the problem.

Also I think you're reching with criticism toward his reasume. It's not necessary stunning, but he has plenty of quality fighters in there and also the dominance over the guys that he has beaten and the fact that in both fights that he lost you can't really say that he was beaten up should be taken into consideration. Maybe you may argue that he's borderline case if you take only resume into consideration(what peoeple in the HOF don't do looking at Mark Johnson being invited very quickly), but he definitely deserves his place there.
              Again I have to disagree my friend. Whats he beaten, 1 or 2 Ring magazine #1 fighters and only another handful in their top 10? That doesn't spell quality to me. Do I think he would have beaten most other fighters had he fought them? Yes I do. But Im not into giving credit when it hasn't been earned.

Comment

Where is Jimmy?

Comment

It was a joke really . But yes, anti is not a good word(although I have a feeling that that's how people are going to see you looking at this avi and a thread).

It's all good bro. Many do feel Im anti-Klitschko because I've been fighting the nuthuggers who overrate them for a year now. I don't dislike either of them though, they're great people and excellent fighters (even if Wlad does bore me to death), just not what they get blown into because of this incredibly bad era.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                    Where is Jimmy?
                    Jimmy is grounded.

Comment

Working...
                    X