Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly was Roach's gameplan ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were expecting him to be shot to shit and blow him out in 3-5 rounds.

(As most people thought)

Comment

The adjustments that PAC & Roach needed to make are so minor and basic that a 5 year old can do it. What the hell has Team PAC been thinking from '04-'11.

We hear boxing analyst all the time when we watch southpaws fight righties, you simply have to have your lead foot outside of your opponents lead foot and don't give them the angle. Yet, PAC doesn't even look like he's even concerned with this.

Another stup*d counter Roach drills PAC all the time on is how to counter the lead counter right straight, he advises PAC that when he sees the lead straight to step out to the left and counter with a hook or left straight of his own(we saw this in the PAC - JMM faceoff w/ Kellerman).

The step to the right w/ a counter left has hardly ever worked, and has been proven highly ineffective against counter-punchers, all it has done is cause headbutts. I think it's better to just duck under the counter lead straight or simply slip/step to the right to take away the right hand. But, what do I know about boxing, I'm just a PBF fanboy,hehe

Comment

Originally posted by PunchesNbuncheS View Post
        What exactly was Roach's gameplan ?

Hope that Marquez would be slow and ineffective at 144 and use Pac's speed and power to win.

LOL!
        That's exactly what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
          8 years of preparation and still can't beat him.
          word......

Comment

Working...
          X